Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

have problem with QS8 please help

lovenara

the key C 2octaves down from middleC

make no sound when being pressed

and i noticed that if i continue to hold it and play other keys they will make no sound too

i'm a foreigner where support is hardly available

Can this kind of problem be fixed by amateur like myself?

thnx in advance

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it repeat in every patch? If so, I think it would be a sensor.

I've wondered : Are these sensor's switchable from one key to another? Can you put the sensor in a key you never use, and steal the sensor from that key?

I would also check if there's a wire loose or something near the sensor When I opened up my qs6 I wasn't too happy with the quality of workmanship, as far as soldering, epoxying and stuff like that :rolleyes: To be fair, I had it for almost 5 years and never had a problem . Shouldn't be too hard to open up the keyboard. Just be careful.

Dave, or any of the other guys formerly with Alesis : Can the service manuals be obtained anywhere? I'm curious about this since, since I own 4 pieces of Alesis gear and I know I'll have hard time finding someone here in Brazil who does.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rod CA:

Does it repeat in every patch? If so, I think it would be a sensor.

The key fact here is that when that key is down no other key works. So this key is shorting a rail somehow. I don't know what the inside of these looks like so I cannot hazard a guess as to the exact problem.

Service manuals would be nice = I have a QS8 as well and its been real solid for me but someday I am going to have to fix something.

I've had this problem with my QS8 twice in the four or so years since I bought it, and it was in fact a key shorting out the rest of the board. The first time, it was covered under warranty; the second time it was something like $48.00. I was told it was a minor repair. Alesis recommended the repair center where I took it.

Archived