Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Proteus 2500: first impressions

Shiver

Hi everyone,

okay, so i got my new Proteus 2500 today....PHAT...PHATNESS........PHATT-ALICIOUS.!!!! i've only been messing around for a couple hours with the presets and patterns etc, but i'm totally totally impressed. Pristine sound quality, and very up to date sounds. After using my EX5 for so long, this is like a breath of fresh air. And specs, holy crap.... 32 simultaneous arpeggiators, grid sequencing, great xpansion options, balanced outputs + S/PDIF, lots and lots of knobs....i could go on, and i will once i get more into it....oh, and 50 DIFFERENT FILTERS AND THEY ALL SOUND WICKED!......i'll post more as i get through it..... and to everyone that helped me with this decision, thank you very very much.....

Cheers,

Shiver

Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

headuphigh,

really? i've been the opposite. I really like the presets for the most part. Granted i wouldn't necessarily use many of them, but i think they use different parts of the synth well enough to get me started on just about anything i'm looking for. and the grid recording feature is really nice as well. I don't know, so far i'm totally happy with it, just what i was looking for. Being in a smaller city, it's hard for me to get gear to try before i buy, so it's really a bit of a crapshoot when i get stuff. So far so good. Only thing i've purchased that has been entirely not what i was looking for was a Boss VF-1....used it once in two years.....i hate it.

But, to each their own. Okay, off to go mess with this more so i can post some actual results of it later today.

Cheers,

Shiver

How does it sound against the P2K? I have not had a chance to A/B them in a store. It would be nice if Emu brightened up the sound just a tiny bit. I thought the new DA converters in the K2500 might do the job. Not talking patches here, just sound quality.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Hi Rabid,

i haven't used the P2k, but i find the sound quality of the 2500 to be really nice and crispy. there's some "crunch" on the high end of some of the kicks which is pretty popular these days, and i really like that. Overall the sound quality is terrific. Much better than my EX5 anyways. (man that's a noisy synth).

Cheers,

Shiver

Archived