Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Someone stole Laurie Z!

RABid

People are scum. Always a good way to start a post for other people to read. Anyway, yesterday I laid 2 CDs on the edge of my desk closest to the door so I would remember to take them home. One of Laurie Z that I got for Christmas, and a language translation program. When driving home I realized that I left the CDs on the desk.. This morning they were gone. I guess being so close to the door made them easy targets for anyone wondering by. As I looked around to make sure the cleaning lady did not move them I found the actual CD of the translation software in a stack of papers in my in box. I guess someone thought they were getting software and ended up with just a case. Then I found the Laurie Z CD in my computer. So the punk also was tricked when he thought he was getting a music CD. All he got was a case with .. Lauries . picture. Drat! Drat! Drat! Someone stole my picture of Laurie Z.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, don't even get me started on this... this used to be a big problem in this place I worked.

I used to keep everything locked in my office of any value. Stuff I used to buy for projects got stolen a few times till I learned my lesson. Personal stuff in particular. We had people go as far as opening up computers to steal internal zip drives, sound cards and stuff like that. :mad:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rabid:

People are scum. Always a good way to start a post for other people to read. Anyway, yesterday I laid 2 CD?s on the edge of my desk closest to the door so I would remember to take them home. One of Laurie Z that I got for Christmas, and a language translation program. When driving home I realized that I left the CD?s on the desk.. This morning they were gone. I guess being so close to the door made them easy targets for anyone wondering by. As I looked around to make sure the cleaning lady did not move them I found the actual CD of the translation software in a stack of papers in my in box. I guess someone thought they were getting software and ended up with just a case. Then I found the Laurie Z CD in my computer. So the punk also was tricked when he thought he was getting a music CD. All he got was a case with ?.. Laurie?s ?. picture. Drat! Drat! Drat! Someone stole my picture of Laurie Z.

Robert

Omygosh - I've been stolen! :eek:

Actually, Robert...it happens more often than you'd think. Must be something about that cover... ;)

If you email me your address, I'll replace the album artwork for you. As for the thief...well, he'll have to buy his own damn CD!

Merry belated holidays,

lz

www.lauriez.com

Hey, I'll send you a whole series of Laurie Z. photos! Back when I was the Alesis marketing weasel, Laurie did an endorsement promotion for the DG8, and we took a bunch of shots for the ads and such. I happened to be cleaning out the hard drive of my computer and found some Laurie images just the other day. Mostly tasteful nudes.

Kidding! I'm kidding! She is fully clothed. But they are nice shots anyway of a very pretty and talented woman. :)

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

Hey, I'll send you a whole series of Laurie Z. photos! Back when I was the Alesis marketing weasel, Laurie did an endorsement promotion for the DG8, and we took a bunch of shots for the ads and such. I happened to be cleaning out the hard drive of my computer and found some Laurie images just the other day. Mostly tasteful nudes.

Kidding! I'm kidding! She is fully clothed. But they are nice shots anyway of a very pretty and talented woman. :)

- Jeff

Jeff-meister! So YOU'RE the guy that ended up with them. Hey - any chance of *me* getting them? My husband sure would like a few.

;)

Hope to see you at NAMM - still not sure of the schedule yet...

Robert - tried to email you to answer your message, but wasn't able to for some reason...can you send me your email address when you have a chance?

Thanks to both of you for your nice comments :cool:

lz

www.lauriez.com

~No longer with Alesis or any other manufacturer that I'm aware of! :rolleyes:

It shouldn't happen, but it does. And it sucks. And sometimes there are explanations that boggle the mind.

A company I worked at had a problem with headphones and other music stuff missing. The HR guy ended up sending a scathing email to all the employees. We found out the next day that the cleaning crew brought their kids along (no other place for them to go), and they were playing with the stuff not really understanding that they were doing bad things. The cleaner was fired by his company.

I learned a bunch of things from this:

•  
  • Be careful to get all the facts before you make assumptions or accusations (even non-specific ones).
  • I'm glad that the kids didn't put those things in someone elses desk. Could you imagine what the HR guy would have done if Joe's headphones were found in Pete's desk drawer? Pete could have been "ruined" by this.
  • I'm thankful that I can afford child care for my children, and don't have to bring them to work. I still feel bad for the poor cleaner.

Yep, the cleaning co. Even though my co. supplied machines that cost around 5-8 million dollars, they couldn't pay a decent cleaning service. I can't remember how many complains I put in with facilities dept.

Actually, the biggest thefts ended up getting tracked to the security personnel :eek:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

We once had a problem with the cleaning personnel. They were bringing their kids to the office. While the parents worked the kids roamed around getting candy and make-up out of people's desk, and turning on the various computers to play with them. Right now our biggest problem is a Monday night clinic. One receptionist, one clinician, and one cleaning person in the entire building. Clients or their family members tend to roam around and my office is three doors down from the room with the vending machines. I lock my door when I leave but the cleaning lady tends to open all doors, then close them back one at a time as she cleans the offices.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived