Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motif 8 and Midi Time Piece problem

Imagine

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'll betcha it's the Motif's clock...try switching it so that it doesn't transmit clock info.

dB

Hum.. I think it's active sensing. My Cs6x does the same thing. It's always sending stuff out, kind of saying "I'm awake". At least that's the way I understand it. My CS still sends junk out even when I turn the clock to external. Is this right?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Dunno...I made the suggestion because both my K2000 and my Z1 do the same thing to my MTPs that his Motif is doing until I stop them from transmitting clock info. Have you tried disabling the clock out on your CS6x?

You have a K2000 too, dontcha Rod? Haven't you run into this as well? Do you use an MTP?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

OK. I don't have an MTP, but I've noticed the issue of midi input lights being on for the CS6x, even when it's not transmitting midi clock, no keys pressed, nothing.

Here's the deal in the yamaha, and I'm assuming the Motif may be the same (that's why I stuck my nose in the 1st place :) ). The CS has a menu option to use 'sync to midi' instead of 'sync to internal'. So I set it to midi. But this doesn't actually turn off the clock.

The next option, sequencer control, when set to off, then stops midi clock messages from being sent. You set it to off, and there's still messages coming out.

Most devices, like my pc88mx, only send clock out when you are holding down a key, and not if you turn off the clock. My K2000R is still in a box :mad: , but I should have it up and running soon, so I can check it out. I can't remember if it sends this or not, and I'm not sure how that would work since it's the rack version.

The CS6x manual doesn't specify anything, but I remember discussions in the CS list at yahoogroups about this. The CS sends this active sensing message continuously, and there's no shutting it off.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived