Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm not dead, but I've gone to Heaven

BP3

Last Saturday I went to a friend's house with my laptop and a another friend's song on Logic, hooked the laptop up to his Yamaha DC7pro and lost my mind over how cool it is. :cool:

The DC7pro is a seven foot Yamaha concert grand with MIDI control. Absolutely wonderful. I've used MIDI grands before in a live situation, but never had the time to really explore the potential. I will be using rig this whenever I need a real piano.

:D:D:D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, I'm going to get KILLED by you guys, but my parents have had TWO Disklaviers over the years... and my Dad only "dinks around" and my mom doesn't play at all! But he really likes the sound of the piano, so he hired some jazz and classical cats to come in and play into it for him so he could hear great "live" piano whenever he wanted to. Boys and their toys...

They're very cool... BTW, do they still have a half second delay on playing back incoming MIDI?

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://www.ssrstudio.com

pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com:

They're very cool... BTW, do they still have a half second delay on playing back incoming MIDI?

Phil O'Keefe

Yes. I got around it by using MIDI clock from my laptop to play a MIDI file disc from the disclavier. It locked very well.

Archived