Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trinity, XP 30 or ALesis QS6.1

A1A2

hi,

I am currently having a hard time to choose between Korg Trinity V3 (61 keys, Roland XP30, and Alesis QS6.1.

What I am looking for is

1)Plays well, I don't know if trinity has semi-weighted keys??

2)Easy to program/edit sound patches

3)Good quality sounds

Please help out. Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there,

here's my .02 cents:

1) Trinity does not have semi-weighted keys. All three are synth action.

2) Ease of programming: QS 6.1 is BRUTAL unless you're using sounddiver. Endless hierarchy of menus etc. Trinity and XP-30 are both pretty easy.

3)Quality of sounds: my opinion would be XP-30 first, then the Trinity, then the QS. The QS is the only one that doesn't have resonance on the filters, only cutoff.

Overall, it really depends on what kind of music you're doing. I'd take the XP for more electronica kind of music because of the filters and basses, the Trinity for pop, rock, or other "mainstream" styles, and the QS for soundtracking, classically influenced, and jazzy blues stuff.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,

shiver

Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Are you able to audition these in a store, studio,or what have you? Or are you looking at these units on E-bay (it could change a few things.) And what are the respective prices of these units?

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

I am still deciding on how much to spend, but, I can probably afford used trnity, xp and qs. The prices are still unknown (no reserve) so, I am just asking for opinions right now. But, I could probably get trinity for 750-900, xp around 500, and qs around 400-500.

anyways, thanks for all replies. They been helpful.

AL

Sound wise the lack of resonance on the Alesis is not a major limitation. Some of the synths sampled had resonant filters on them. The sampled moogs are great.

The trinity would be nice. XP-30 Ok. I think you will get more out of the other two.

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

Michael,

>no resonant filter< that's very true, and i saw in one of the keyboard issues a long time ago a method for creating a very similar effect to a resonant filter by using a flanger or phaser or something.

Cheers,

Shiver

Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Archived