Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help on the Roland XP

jlsy

Hi there:

On my XP-80 I am trying to copy the same effects setting of a certain patch in the patch mode to that patch in the performance mode. Say I really like the preset effects bus for 'Symphonic' and would like to have the set copied to a performance so I can go ahead and sequence. I'm sure one can do this since.

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jilsy,

if you only need the EFX (the "third", multipurpose effect) from your original patch, go directly to the Effect section of your Performance, move the cursor to the last parameter on the upper right, "EFX Source", and set it to the Part number your Patch is assigned to within the Performance.

If you need the whole effect routing from the Patch, from your Perfomance go to Utility (hardware button on the left of display) then select "Copy" and press the soft button "Effects". Select "Patch", go to the bank and number of the Patch you need, press "Execute" and you're done.

Carlo

Okay - am I the only one that thinks that it's cool that a guy in Shanghai can need help with a problem, and a guy literally halfway around the world in Rome can give it to him?

Damn, the internet is cool....

...have I mentioned that I love this forum?

http://www.contrabandent.com/pez//otn/wink/thumb.gif

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Carlo:

Gratie, signor! (Tell me if wrong)

Thanks for the tip, it works! Do you own a XP? I might have a few more questions in the days to come.

dB:

Yeah, I agree that this forum is cool. I suspece I'm only native/local Chinese in the group. Am I?

Why don't I put my introduction here as well as in the other thread?

Joseph S.Y. Lee, 21, Shanghainese

Fulltime third-year business/economics undergrad;

Parttime headhunting consultant;

The only Chinese guy (again) in a local French jazz band (keyboards and rythym programming)

Occassional music producer/arranger for TV and an independant-record-label-in-the-making;

Minister of Music & Audio in my church;

GEARS (very ltd)

Roland XP-80 (still looking for a decent/inexpensive PA soultion to accommondate it)

A very old Ensoniq 76-key EP

Yamaha PSR 520

An Chinese brand upright piano

SoundBlaster Live!

All the business-as-usual software (i.e., Cakewalk Sonar, Acid, SoundFoundry, Wavelab, etc.)

INFLUENCES

Keith Jarret, David Benoitt, Ming Freeman, Lisa Ono, Yanni

Originally posted by jlsy:

Carlo:

Gratie, signor! (Tell me if wrong)

Thanks for the tip, it works! Do you own a XP? I might have a few more questions in the days to come.

OK Jlsy, the Shangai-Rome connection is cool enough, but that you speak ITALIAN is a bit scary..! I can barely articulate a few Japanese words (Yes, I know that's NOT the same!) :)

BTW yeah, I have an XP80 among other things, and of course feel free to ask your questions! I'll help if I can. I'm not on the Forum all the time, but there's also a whole other bunch of synth maniacs ready to give advice!

Dave - of course the net is magic. And of course most people in the world have to learn English in order to use it... I guess that's the price to pay to America for having invented it! :D

Speaking of which: Maybe it's just my poor English, but what's that line in Jlsy's introduction: "Partime headhunting consultant?!" It kind of worries me... :)

Carlo:

That's about all the Italian I can speak: Gratie, Ciao. The limited knowledge come from my Italian friends who work in Shanghai.

Well, a headhunt firm is one that helps companies hire managers, executives and other professionals. A bit like job placement agency, but pretty much the other way around (finding the right people for the job). A headhunting consultant is therefore someone who goes around, makes phone calls, interviews candidates and help clients locate/select the right person for the position. --Anyway, I only step into the office twice a week!

You know something? Your English is superb!

Hey, you must know GEM, the Italian synth maker? Their stuff sell well here in China!

Merry Christmas

Originally posted by jlsy:

Well, a headhunt firm is one that helps companies hire managers, executives and other professionals. -Anyway, I only step into the office twice a week!

The perfect day job, I guess! :) Anyway, I asked a bit tongue-in-cheek...

You know something? Your English is superb!

You're no slouch either! (I hear American laughs)

Hey, you must know GEM, the Italian synth maker? Their stuff sell well here in China!

Really?! I was at the GEM factory a couple of times, they are a few meters from Fatar... I know they sell well in the Arab countries. I would have guessed that in China you mostly find Japanese instruments. Misteries of business.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you!! And happy 2002!!!

I would like to add something about the "world connection" on the net... On most forums I've visited (not many, and the vast majority about music) there's a strong numeric prevalence of American people. This is only normal I guess, I just wish to remark that a definite American "mood" is the norm on a lot of these places. Then come the British, North European and Germans, a few people from South America and a few Aussies, and that's it... People who can more or less relate to some kind of common ground. Witness the football threads! (Any kind)

For example, I can't believe I am about the only Southern European in this Forum! In my city alone, I know many people who would benefit from being on the Corner. Nobody from Spain, France, Italy, Greece, not to mention the Middle East and Turkey...(Oh yeah, there is Faruk from Sarajevo, and I think a guy from Madrid) NO ONE from Japan, Russia, Southern Asia, ONE Chinese... Political problems aside, all these countries have incredibly rich music, and we all could only benefit to know a bit more about it. Life doesn't end with rock, believe it or not... :) So come on, keyboard players of the world, join and communicate!

Carlo

Originally posted by marino:

NO ONE from Japan, Russia, Southern Asia, ONE Chinese... Political problems aside, all these countries have incredibly rich music, and we all could only benefit to know a bit more about it. Life doesn't end with rock, believe it or not... :) So come on, keyboard players of the world, join and communicate!

Carlo

Hey! Don't forget about me! :) i think there are like two of us who comes here from the philippines... :)

...plus, we have brother Gulliver from Estonia...and, of course, Mats and Bobby the Smed and a few others from Sweden, and one or two from Norway...we have at least one Malaysian, and one Indonesian...and Sharon in Israel...and a few others, too...

Plus, now with Rod back in Rio, I think we have our first South American.

Give it time...I imagine that we'll get some more folks...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived