Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you think of?

Dr Teeth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I demoed a Proteus 2000 and I was blown away. It's definetly a great 'swiss army type' synth, tons of patches and a good overall selection. If I was shopping for a module to cover many bases I would definetly look into it. I thought a lot of the analog emulation was actually quite good for a rompler.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

The Proteus 2500 is a great module! I have not played the roland and it got mixed reviews from people I know who have played it. I think the 2500 has high quality sounds and is very functional and expandable.

The Rs-9 is nice, but you need to keep in mind there is not

a lot to be tweaked so you really have to like the sounds. Proteus is also good choice and it's more tweakable. I,m lukewarm on the SP-88. It's sounds Ok but I just...I personally would take the Roland over it.

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

To listen to the demos, you can go to: www.procom.no and select "demoer..." I'm not sure if the Proteus 2500 is on there but the RS-9 is. You can also check www.zzounds.com They put a lot of MP3 demos of synths/modules on their website as well as www.marsmusic.com

Also, go to www.emu.com and listen to the MP3s of EMU/Ensoniq gear.

I ad the RS5 for a week and took it back. Sounds didn't overwhelm me, though many were nice. No real editing to speak of. I bet the 2500 is a much more robust machine. The RS is a very good value at the price, but not kick-ass synths, IMO.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived