Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Super Bowl -- Steelers vs Bears! ! ! !

meccajay

Okay, 1st of all Im back! I truly missed you guys and the action! Ok, now that thats outta the way...

When I 1st mentioned this as your superbowl you guys shrugged it off and thought I was crazy, or over excited. Now, I can honestly say that in the weeks since I 1st mentioned this.....nothings changed! In fact, these 2 teams look even BETTER now!

Think about this...

NFC

Green Bay got beat by the Titans yesterday, Yes, the Pack did beat the Bears, but as yesterday pointed out, they are playing poorly the week after they win big...not a good sign for the playoffs. Besides, can they beat the Bears twice....dont think so! It will come down to home field advantage.

The Rams - Yes, they do look like the best team, but you cannot, I repeat cannot throw 2 or 3 picks a game in the playoffs, 2 picks and the Bears win. BTW as far as interceptions go, Green Bay has this same problem on a smaller scale.

AFC

The Raiders are looking like they are most likely to get to the superbowl...kinda, but The Steelers(with Bettis) are a great running team, and The Raiders can't really stop the run. The true difference is that the Steelers are playing D like the Ravens were last year, and we all know this game WILL be in Pittsburg.....where it's cold! Besides, of all these teams the Raiders have the toughest remaning schedule--Titans,Broncos, Jets. Much as we hate to face it, Pittsburg is just damn consistant! They have "The Look"

We all know that each year a surprize team jumps up and makes its presence known, other than the already surprizing Bears and Steelers - it could be The Eagles, or it could be the Jets....dont really know-its a surprise!

Your Thoughts...biased or otherwise.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: meccajay ]

TROLL . . . ish.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay got beat by the Titans yesterday, Yes, the Pack did beat the Bears, but as yesterday pointed out, they are playing poorly the week after they win big...not a good sign for the playoffs. Besides, can they beat the Bears twice....dont think so!

Ummm...unless I'm missing something, GB did beat Da Bears twice this season, brother Jay...

The Rams - Yes, they do look like the best team, but you cannot, I repeat cannot throw 2 or 3 picks game in the playoffs, 2 picks and the Bears win. BTW as far as interceptions go, Green Bay has this same problem on a smaller scale.

True...but everything changes when the playoffs roll around. Unless something really freakish happens, I really think the Rams are going to N'Awlins.

The Raiders are looking like they are most likely to get to the superbowl...kinda, but The Steelers(with Bettis) are a great running team, and The Raiders cant really stop the run.

Agreed. This worries me a great deal...

The true difference is that the Steelers are playing D like the Ravens were last year, and we all know this game WILL be in Pittsburg.....where it's cold!

It does appear that will be the case...

Besides, of all these teams the Raiders have the toughest remaning schedule--Titans,Broncos, Jets. Much as we hate to face it, Pittsburg is just damn consistant! They have "The Look"

They do look good; but, then again, as I have pointed out to Dan before - their schedule this year has been somewhat soft. As noted above - things change when the playoffs roll around.

No matter what - I am way psyched for the post-season!

Go Raiders!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by steadyb:

Rams/Steelers in the Super Bowl, with the Rams avenging their 1979 Super Bowl loss to the Steelers.

I wish! For that to happen though, it would have to be the Los Angeles Rams in the Super Bowl; and that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

This St. Louis team has made it clear in the press that they were happy to sever all ties with LA! Fine, we know you're not the LA Rams; I've moved on too!

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

db, you were right about the Bears getting beat twice by Green Bay, my apologies to all...

Im still thinking Green Bay beats a team like Philly or the Saints in the 1st game, but if it's an emotional exhausting win, then they lose the next playoff game. This could be how the Bears sneak in.

TROLL . . . ish.

The Packers can beat any team in the league...at home. Because Chicago has an easier schedule (and therefore looks better than they are), the Pack will probably go into the playoffs as a wildcard team. I don't think that the Packers can succeed in the playoffs on the road, and I'm a Packers fan (as if you didn't know). I don't think that Chicago has what it takes to survive the playoffs, either on the road or at home. Ironically, the Rams will probably have home field advantage; but they actually do better on the road. Hmmm...it gets tougher to predict, the more I look at it... :D

The truth is, in this crazy season, any of the current contenders could easily go all the way! (IMHO)

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Remember that "Pittsburgh" has an 'h' at the end. It was added in honor of Franco Harris. ;)

It's definitely a great football year. Several of the teams that are heading for the playoffs could go all the way. I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold. May the best team win!

<>

Thanks so much my very musical brother!! You know after reading into the dinner in New York thread and others I have a new found respect for EVERYONE in here on the human side. It's changed how I look at things in this forum on many levels- very touching, very 'real'!!

Hey Dan as far as my spelling goes, you can officially rank me as the #1 WORST speller(is that a word) in here!! Im usually on 3 screens with an idiot on hold here at work and my focus on typing just isnt there.....besides, I dont know how to use the spell-check anymnore! I guess I should make a better effort, you guys are worth that at the least. Pittsburgh.....with an H.....stupid stupid!!!!!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

Hey Dan as far as my spelling goes, you can officially rank me as the #1 WORST speller(is that a word) in here!! Im usually on 3 screens with an idiot on hold here at work and my focus on typing just isnt there.....besides, I dont know how to use the spell-check anymnore! I guess I should make a better effort, you guys are worth that at the least. Pittsburgh.....with an H.....stupid stupid!!!!!

Well, we'll let you slide THIS time. ;)

Yep Sergievsky, that's exactly what I was talking about. A very basic/mistake free offense with a decent running game, headed by a quarterback that doesn't lose games....and a Monster D!! The exact same formula the Ravens had last year.
TROLL . . . ish.

My top five playoff teams (in no particular order).

The Bears are a good team, but I don't think they are quite as good as their record. Other than A-Train, the offense doesn't inspire me.

I don't think anyone is as good as the Rams. But that doesn't mean the Rams are incapable fo beating themselves. The Rams will beat themselves if: a) they do not get the ball to their best player (Marshal Faulk) at least 20 times in a game, b.) if Warner starts giving up Ints in bunches again.

The Steelers are for real. I'm still waiting for Kordell Stewart to have his signature melt down, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen this year. They will play the Raiders for the AFC championship.

The Raiders have a great team, they are just not playing like right now, particularly on defense. The San Diego game should give them a confidense boost and get them on track for the playoffs.

The 49ers (my team) have now clinched a wild card spot in the playoffs. If the season ended today, they would face the Packers in the first weekend of the playoffs. If Favre and Green bring their A game, it will be an interesting matchup. If it is played at the stick, the 9ers will win. If it is played at Lambeau, forget it.

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

HEY YUNZ GUYS! (That's Pittsburghese)

I will be goin' dahntawn to watch the Steelers break out some whip a$s! We are goin' all the way this year!!!

One for the thumb!!

P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy (Rockin) New Year!!!

Archived