Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SONAR aud.ini tweaks

Hi Craig & Forum... I'm new on the list so, hello! Craig, you just had an article on SONAR tweaks in EQ where you mentioned 2 aud.ini tweaks that were enormously helpful. Do you know any more tweaks OR a resource that helps us determine what the settings in aud.ini do or don't do. Craig, I ALWAYS appreciate your articles... you've been a great help! Keep up the good work. -Pete

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Pete...welcome to the forum! If you'd be more specific about any issues you're having that would require tweaks of your aud.ini files, maybe some help will come along. 'Some pretty sharp people here.

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

Glad to help. I write a two-page column for "Sound on Sound" magazine every month called "Sonar Notes." It's filled with info like the aud.ini tricks, and I think you would find the information very helpful.

[quote]Originally posted by evets: [b]Hi Pete...welcome to the forum! If you'd be more specific about any issues you're having that would require tweaks of your aud.ini files, maybe some help will come along. 'Some pretty sharp people here.[/b][/quote]Thanks... I just know there's many undocumented things going on in aud.ini... I just wanna get a handle on it so I can tweak knowledgeably. For instance... Craig's tip in EQ was one I needed, what ELSE can we do? -Pete

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Glad to help. I write a two-page column for "Sound on Sound" magazine every month called "Sonar Notes." It's filled with info like the aud.ini tricks, and I think you would find the information very helpful.[/b][/quote]Hi Craig... Thanks for your reply. I get EQ, EM, Keyboard and a few others. Where is this mag available? AND... are your Sonar columns available on the Web anywhere? -Pete

• 2 weeks later...
[quote]Originally posted by Peter J: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Glad to help. I write a two-page column for "Sound on Sound" magazine every month called "Sonar Notes." It's filled with info like the aud.ini tricks, and I think you would find the information very helpful.[/b][/quote]are your Sonar columns available on the Web anywhere? -Pete[/b][/quote]Ditto

Haven Music Productions

Tampa, FL

www DOT havenmp DOT com

Go to http://www.sospubs.co.uk Articles appear for free on the web eventually, but you might want to go for an e-sub so you can get content as it's released. Also there is an international edition available in the US for around $60 a year (shipping ain't cheap) that is all editorial -- no ads. It can also be found at a few (very few) newsstands.

Archived