Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PC Motherboards

vst

I'm a PC Cuabse VST user and want to build another computer.

I've only ever used ASUS boards with pentium chips.

Are there other motherboards out there better, if so, what and why?

Thanks in advance..

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vst:

I'm a PC Cuabse VST user and want to build another computer.

I've only ever used ASUS boards with pentium chips.

Are there other motherboards out there better, if so, what and why?

Thanks in advance..

Don't know how true this still is, but there were problems with the "asian" boards a while back. This may be folk lore, but reportedly the early Intel boards were not up to spec, and the asian boards copied them. Later Intel came up to spec, but the other board manufacturers felt that they worked fine for the vast majority of users so why change and incur all that extra cost. I would stick with Intel if at all possible. I have an ASUS and haven't had much trouble, but there are those who do.

I also stick with Intel Pentium processors instead of AMD as well. A while back there were soundcards that relied, or were optimized on instruction sets that were only available in the Pentium processors.

My advice... Spend a few extra bucks ($100) and save yourself some headaches... Here's a link to a search engine to find deals. Price Watch

PATazz,

i agree with you regarding those intel boards... they sucked for a while then started to rebuild... thing is, i still rely much on asus gear... combined with pentium's.. i think amd's are more at par with games and stuff..

Tho' the athlon's (specifically XP models)are soaring higher than the p4's nowadays (based on reviews that ive been in... )

Archived