Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strange musical dreams

Bucktunes

The thread about stage fright got me thinking about this. I don't have a problem with stage fright, but I guess I must have some subconcious performance anxiety. I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've dreamt that I'm looking at my watch and realize it's time to play, but;

1. I'm naked, in my underwear, or otherwise not dressed for the gig.

2. I'm on the other side of town, or in another state.

3. I'm backstage and ready to go, but my rig is nowhere near set up, or pieces are missing.

Anyone else have other musical dreams, maybe more pleasant ones? Any psychologists out there that can explain them?

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just last night, I dreamed I was at some party where a world beat-ish acoustic band was playing (members of which included several prominent musicians in my area). They were acting quite pompous as they performed, but I must admit they were pretty hot. Then the piano player showed me what he was playing. He had a heavy pad, kind of the thickness of a gym mat but a little more gelatinous in texture, laid over the keyboard of an upright piano. At the back of the pad, numerous transparent tubes about 1/2" in diameter rose up and were draped over the top of the upright. As you slid your hand across this pad, fluid rushed up the tubes--sometimes blue fluid, sometimes green. With this pad, you were able to get protamento on the piano and all manner of other strange effects, including one where the sound went down as you played up.

It was all so much cooler and weirder than I can articulate. I took a turn at it and played some bizarre and beautiful piano.

BTW, I don't have musician anxiety dreams, but on occasion I stil have teacher anxiety dreams, and I haven't taught a class in over five years.

John

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

a few nights ago i dreamed that i met daniel jones from the now defunct savage garden, probably because we both live in brisbane and because i want to meet him. steve you know now i'm gonna have dreams of playing some 100 foot long bosendorfer at buckingham palace with an audience of elvis (because i mentioned him to my wife before), robbie willams, madonna and Jesus. then i'll walk backstage and there will be a fridge full of chocolate and it will actually be my bathroom........... oh no he's lost it.

i will keep you informed.

pray for peace,

kendall

"Consider how much coffee you're drinking - it's probably not enough."

I was gonna tell you about my dream, but seems like every dream I tell someone about doesn`t come true. So I do tell people about the bad dreams that I don`t want to come true. But in the dream I started to tell you about everything comes out perfect. I hope that dream comes true.

"Let It Be!"

I was gonna tell you about my dream, but seems like every dream I tell someone about doesn`t come true. So I do tell people about the bad dreams that I don`t want to come true. But in the dream I started to tell you about everything comes out perfect. I hope that dream comes true.

"Let It Be!"

Archived