Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IUMA MP3.com or AMPCAST???

KTempo

Hi Y'all,

I want to register and post my songs on the web with either IUMA, MP3.com or AmpCast but before I decide on which one, I would like to know everyone's opinion on all three? This would be my first attempt at posting _ANY_ songs on the web.

I'm leaning more towards MP3.com because it's the most popular site and it's free for basic service. Cakewalk (the DAW that I'm using) is even promoting it by having a Cakewalk Radio available for MP3 artists who uses Cakewalk products in their song creations. I Don't Know Much about IUMA. AmpCast, there's a fee (a very low annual fee I believe of $19.99) and it states that they'll pay you royalties of $0.06 per downloaded song.

I dunno. Y'all pro's and experienced internet artists out there, please help me out!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been some threads on the Anderton boards about this question. I created one a while back called Alternatives to MP3.com. See if you can find this or one of the others using the Search tool on this board.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ktempo7of9@aol.com:

Hey Y'all,

I've thought about it and decided to go with MP3.com.

I'm an mp3.com guy myself. I went with it because it had the free option, and all I was looking for was a place to post some stuff where folks could hear it easily if they wanted to do so.

They definitely punish you for not becoming a "premium artist", though - it takes 'em quite a while to clear your tunes. Be patient...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I'm an mp3.com guy myself. I went with it because it had the free option, and all I was looking for was a place to post some stuff where folks could hear it easily if they wanted to do so.

They definitely punish you for not becoming a "premium artist", though - it takes 'em quite a while to clear your tunes. Be patient...

dB

No kidding. When I started my "free" page there, song clearance took about 2-3 days. Now it seems to take 2 weeks. I would condier becoming a premium artist just for the better service, but the cost is too high, and to make matters worse, you have to pay the same few for every "artist page" you manage. I manage three. If the $20/month made all three premium pages, I'd strongly consider doing it.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Thanks Dave and Magpel for your response. Man, two weeks to post songs??!?!? $20 for Premium Service @ MP3, eh? AmpCast charges the same fee but annually. I reckon MP3 is monthly, eh? I'll re-read about their service plan more thoroughly at both places to see which one has the better service plan.

PEACE!!

Kim :mad:

I suggest you look into ArtistLaunch at www.artistlaunch.com.

It's $14.95 a year (you get a 2 week free eval to set up your site, you can pay later)

Songs go live the instant they are uploaded. You can upload ANY bitrate you want, Even 320KB. they have a CD program like MP3.com but with less ad collateral, more artist control of the artwork, and you can send them a Redbook CD to use as your master, or you can upload WAV! And, 14 minutes of the disc are not consumed for spam and MP3 files. You can have a 74 minute CD.

There is an in house review staff to review your work for a very nominal fee, and you can opt whether or not to display the results on your artist page.

Other enhancements coming include more customizable artist pages, compilation custom CDs for users, and lots more!

SUPERBLY user-friendly site.

I was a big MP3.com person, but not only did they move the cheese too much, they flipped the whole maze ass-over-teakettle. I'm slowly migrating over to AL, and when I have everything up on AL, I'm closing down my MP3 site.

Another great site to look into is Javamusic. www.javamusic.com.

Cheers!

Phil "Llarion: The Jazzinator" Traynor

www.llarion.com

Smooth Jazz

- QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go ahead, ask me anything.

http://www.llarion.com/images/dichotomybanner.jpg

I also want to chime in for ArtistLaunch.com.

No bullshit in their contract...I know from my own experience that the people running the site have integrity...your songs are available immediately when you upload them.

None of your listeners have to fill out ANY form whatsoever to download/stream your music. No banner ads on your artist page.

CD program is very fair, you can upload WAV, AIFF or 256kbs MP3 files for your CDs (or mail them in).

There's a lot more and a major redesign of their look (with customizible artist pages) is almost finished.

Just my opinion after dealing with a few OMDs.

http://www.artistlaunch.com/

Archived