Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jusi bought a p120

Michiel

Hi everybody,

Just bought the p120. The grand is very good, the rhodes, clavinet and wurlitzer(!) are very, very good. The touch and looks (mahony) are great. I own a rhodes and a grand piano as well as an upright and I must say the p120 is almost equal. You will go crazy if you hear the rhodes with the flanger or the chorus.

If you care about music, emotion and not a lot of knobs for a change, you really should listen to it.

A shame George Harrison died.

Greetz Michiel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy for you. Hope you enjoy it. Got a P80 myself. If I had only waited 3 more months, I could have gotten the P120 (something like a $100 difference in price). To late to have regrets. Enjoy. Keep us informed of how it plays.

I'm anxious to try one of these, haven't had a chance yet. I already own a P80, and knowing Yamaha, I feel pretty confident the acoustic piano sound will be good.

But the big question for me is, how's the velocity-switching on the Rhodes? Did they do a better job than on the P80 (a better job of velocity-switching, I mean)?

To be more specific, how many velocity layers did they use, and how audible is(are) the switch point(s)?

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: GuestUser@GuestUser.com ]

• 4 weeks later...
Where'd you get it? I've been waiting for it to come out. I'll probably stop by my local Guitar Center this weekend to see if they have any. Musician's Friend can't seem to keep them in stock (not that I'd mail order for one). I'm sure they will be very popular for the next several months.

I returned the P80. Mainly, I needed an electric bass in addition to the acoustic. Also, the ride cymbal layering was neither dependable nor effective. Just curious--has the P120 improved these areas? What are the improvements--any better piano sound? I need a keyboard I can split, and haven't been all that happy with my PC2. At present, I'm considering this one, and maybe the Roland RD700 or FP-3. Wish a nearby store had them all to try.

Cap

Archived