Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

learn any new songs lately ?

sbrock1san.rr.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rabid, I'll see you at the Vince Guralni bin, I want to learn "Christmastime is Here" from the Peanuts special for the season. Also learned "Drops of Jupiter", the new Matchbox 20 tune (can't remember the name), and we're still trying to perfect "Let It Roll", by Little Feat.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by botch@netutah.net:

Rabid, I'll see you at the Vince Guralni bin, I want to learn "Christmastime is Here" from the Peanuts special for the season

That's one of my faves. Patti Austin did a nice version of it on a GRP Christmas compilation about 10 years or so ago.

and we're still trying to perfect "Let It Roll", by Little Feat.

What a great tune that is! I've played that in a band as recently as 2 years ago. Which parts are you having trouble with?

With my current band we're getting ready to rehearse Spyro Gyra's "Feelin' Fine". Nice tune, fun groove. Looking forward to doing something cool with it. After next week we'll probably start dusting off the old Christmas tunes again. I'll have to make sure we get "Christmas Time Is Here" on the playlist.

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by SWBuck1074@aol.com:

[qb]Rabid, I'll see you at the Vince Guralni bin, I want to learn "Christmastime is Here" from the Peanuts special for the season

That's one of my faves. Patti Austin did a nice version of it on a GRP Christmas compilation about 10 years or so ago.

That Peanuts music just stays with you. Even after all these years. There is also a good version on Cyrus Chestnut's Christmas CD from a year or two ago. I love his rendition of Fur Elise.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Originally posted by SWBuck1074@aol.com:

[qb]and we're still trying to perfect "Let It Roll", by Little Feat.

What a great tune that is! I've played that in a band as recently as 2 years ago. Which parts are you having trouble with?

Peace all,

Steve[/QB]

Hey Steve! I'm not having a problem with any one part, its just that as we're only a five-piece, I'm trying to do the piano, organ, and horn parts simultaneously, and that's too much for this uncoordinated white boy. I've not had any formal keyboard training and the hand independence is not what I'd like, but I'm gonna keep chuggin' away.

Oh, yeah, the Matchbox 20 tune is "If You're Gone", nice tune!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived