Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard help?

Dominican Leche

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello.

You should pay us a visit at:

http://www.musicplayer.com/nuestroforo

the Spanish Forum from MusicPlayer.

We have some Merengue experts. Perhaps some of them could help you on this.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by Dominican Leche:

im trying to find the best keyboard with samples that contain, Trumpet, sax, bass, also an accordian anytime of instrument that i can use to make my merengue music. thank you...

It really shouldn't be too difficult to find a keyboard that meets those general requirements, ... but, as always, the best way to get the best sounds is to buy a sampler. I looked high and low for the best piano sound and I eventually wound up buying a sampler and loading in an excellent piano sound.

With keyboards you're always working with memory constraints. I know buying an additional piece of equipment is an added exspense, but in the long run, it is the only way to get the best sounds. I also know this isn't the answer you were looking for.

Dave

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Now is the time to buy a sampler and there are many routs you can take. Some retailers are selling off their stock of Yamaha and Akai samplers at greatly reduced prices. The Yamaha line comes with 9 CDs of samples. You can pick up a cheap keyboard with enough sounds for quick composing and then load up the sampler for mastering. It is more trouble but you will end up with the best sound using this method.

I bought an Emu ESI-32 years ago and never seem to use it. It has not been turned on in two years. Now I have picked up a Roland XV-5080 rack unit. It has both presets and sample play back. The Korg Triton and Kurzweil series have the same feature plus the ability to create samples along with just playing back sample libraries. The nice thing about the Roland is that samples can be loaded from a smart media card. No worrying about carrying around your CD/ROM or Zip drive is you can fit your samples into a single 128 meg load.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived