Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do you like the new Keyboard Online?

aeon

So the older websites have moved to the new format.

I go and visit the Keyboard Online, Reviews section to check out a review I had read earlier...and it is no longer there.

So now the forum has less content, is more difficult to navigate (no alphabetical order like before) and offers less value to the websurfer.

Is this an improvement?

I do not mean this as fighting words. It is feedback. I want to tell the powers that be how they are doing, especially as it concerns getting my subscription dollar. Ill tell you this right now...I would gladly pay more than $14.99 USD per year for a subscription if it offered more content. I want more content. I want longer articles. I want deeper articles. I am willing to pay for it.

For example, a certain overseas competitor got my $60/yr. subscription as soon as it was offered...saving me over $60/yr. compared to the rate before the introduction of their International Edition. This is not to say they are pefect, for they are not...but they are closer to what I want, so they get my coin.

What say ye on this?

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a thread about this since I didn't want to double post on an ongoing subject. It's strange though, how few people have expressed their opinions. mine?

I think the new site sucks.

And why is it still featuring the october issue????

Memo

Roland Fantom 6/Px-5S/Hydrasynth/DX7IIE!

MBP/Logic/Mainstage/Omnisphere/Native/Arturia

Roland Pk-5A

I liked the older site better. The new version is still much better than the origional site. Maybe this one will evolve over time. I also frequently go overseas and look somewhere else for information. I would not do without either magazine, but if I had to choose a site, well....
This post edited for speling.

Ditto to all the above. Also - both for Keyboard and EQ - both feel a little more ad-driven. On the musicplayer home page, I clicked on what looked like an editorial link for the AW4416, and found myself in the Yamaha site.

News is news, ads are ads. (I know of what i speak - I am in the media - advertising business.) Stop mickeymousing around. Do you want to lose your reader/viewers perception of an independent voice?

While I'm on my soapbox...Has anyone else noticed - I am finding myself waiting at least 1-2 weeks after an issue is on newsstand to receive it as a subscriber?

End of rant.

....and ..

I STILL can't get the newfangled "spellchecker" ballhooed herein to work ...

possibly our chief tehchno guru here can explain how it operates.. to us cybermorons :)

I , for one , owuld use it if I could figure it out ..

BTW: agree , old KB online was better ..

Phil Kelly

Originally posted by graypencil:

....and ..

I STILL can't get the newfangled "spellchecker" ballhooed herein to work ...

possibly our chief tehchno guru here can explain how it operates.. to us cybermorons :)

I , for one , owuld use it if I could figure it out ..

Well I added a "partial" spell check. It's not that complete of an addition as it's a partial hack but hey it was free.

When posting New Topics or making replies, take a look on the left side under the word "Message:".

The 3rd option is "SpellCheck". What you have to do is click it and it pops up a new window. In the new window, wherever a pull down menu appears is a suggested list of replacement words for the potential typo. Make all of your changes, click "Apply Changes" and then you have to copy and past the entire message into the text area where your post is, i.e., in the "Message:" body. Seems that paragraph breaks aren't "remembered" in the spell check though... :(

It's the best I could do for the time being and it's way faster than the old one...

Let me know what you guys think...

As for all the comments about the "new" Keyboard site, I want to make sure you guys are referring to the Keyboard Magazine area of MusicPlayer.com. That's what you are referring to, correct? I don't know why you think it's difficult to navigate. All of the magazines (Keyboard, Bass Player, MC2, Gig, etc.) are (for now) under one site. They all have a News, Features, Reviews, and Lessons area. They also have a search (and Advanced Search which allows you to narrow your search by magazine).

BTW, this was a decision made up higher in the food chain in order to cut costs and put all of the mags under 1 area. Who knows maybe that'll change too...

I dont like the new site eather :(

the old one was much better

and also i cant find the November issue

And also Keyboard Magazine the new issues have much more commertials than text,is that the point of the new keyboard? :confused:

Its cost to much ( 50 nis = 14$ ) for me to buy every issue in Israel just to see some picture of manufactures

sorry for my english,it will be better ;) i hope :D

Sharon

Archived