Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone own an Ultimate Apex Stand?

The T Dot

At the bottom of the stand above the center leg, there is a removable piece which allows you to lower the stand's height by tilting the column further. Does anyone use their stand this way? I'm worried that this will make the stand less stable and leave my synths angled upwards.

Thanks for your help

Chris

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the small toothed piece on the front with a little thumbscrew to release it so you can move it up and down? I believe that's designed to set flush with the floor to PREVENT the column from tipping forward. The column would get very unstable if it was tilted any more vertical than in its normal position.

The piece on the back that allows the stand to "recline" WOULD angle the keys up a bit. I don't think I'd trust it that way, either. Especially if you've got a big keyboard, or if you mount it high on the stand.

Hope I answered your question.

Peace all,

Steve

[ 10-30-2001: Message edited by: SWBuck1074@aol.com ]

><>

Steve

Hey... I have an Ultimate Apex. I have actually removed that piece. The reason is because I'm currently using the stand in such a way that I sit down. That is why Ultimate has that little piece in the back, from what I understand. You remove it when you plan on sitting. Anyway, mine has been removed and I haven't had any problems. If I were to use the stand while standing, though, I would put the piece back on.

Rick

Archived