Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best module for "pads"

michael c

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Jerry, both of those excel in that area. Personally, I also like the pads in the Korg Wavestation. I recently picked up a wavestation SR for $300, worth the money, IMHO.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by pim@dancewave.nl:

What's a dial up pad?

I think that means preset, as in it's there and you can just dial it up.

Hey Jerry the K5000 is a Fourier synth isn't it? Can you post a link to some sounds? Because of Charlie Midnight's thread I've been looking into Fourier/Resynthesis and the only things along those lines I can pinpoint in my memory is '80s Ultravox and Jarre, both of whom used a very simplified (but cool sounding) form if I'm not mistaken.

-CB

I think you'll be shocked at tht quality of the pads in the Nanosynth....

I know it wouldnt make it as your main instrument, but for me the more I explore the more I end up coming back to my Nano for Pads. For around $200 of less you'd be surprized!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by g05:

how much difference is there between the wavestation and the wavestation SR as far as presets go?

The SR has more of 'em. Both the keyboard and rackmount A/D version of the Wavestation have 150 programs (IIRC), where the SR has 550. I believe that all of the Wavestation's programs are in the SR.

The tradeoff is that the SR has a much smaller display, and is significantly harder to edit.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived