Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gigastudio No-Customer Service

ScoreL.A.

It has become apparent after nine straight days of no resolve, no return phone calls that TASCAM has no intention of offering any kind of useful help. Is there another sampler to replace it with? I love Giga, but it has cost me thousands in revenue to not have this issue resolved. If there are any experts, here is my problem.

I have:

P4 1.7 gig 256 meg VST32 Delta 1010 60 gig hd's defraged on daily basis

This combo has worked great till 9 days ago when I started getting audio breakup from Gigastudio. I have reinstalled it, and the soundcard drivers. Now what?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have anything specific for Gigasampler. Have you tried the support

groups on usenet? Here are as many general things to look for,. given that no one has responded with specific ideas. I am not using Giga so I cannot offer specifics. You have undoubtably tried at least some of these, so I tried to include as many possibilities as I could think of.

i) Do you hear the same problem with other software or is other software ok?

ii) Have you installed any other cards peripherals or software recently?

i)Are you suddenly running a lot more voices?

ii) Have you reduced the latency? (Don't know if giga has a latency control; many apps do)

iii) Do you have autonotify turned off for your CD?

iv) Try reducing any hardware speedup on your video card to zero.

v) Make sure dma is enabled for your hard disk.

vi) I have heard reports of usb devices causing problems with sound.

vii) If you are running Windows ME check if its messed with your configuration - it likes to do that occasionally. You may be able to restore it to a configuration predating the problem using the checkpoint/restore capability.

One last thing - have you absolutely confirmed the break up is coming out of the computer and is not a bad component somewhere else in your audio chain? Have you double checked your gain structure!

Score...what are you talking about? Right now, we're averaging less than one day for most tech support issues. We have online support forums and phone-in support. For serious problems that can't be solved in the normal ways, we're connecting people directly to the designers of the software if necessary.

Let me know how we can help you...this is the only support problem I've heard in the three months since we took over Giga.

- Jeff

Jeff? where's Allen?

The truth of the matter is I have called every other day and sometimes two to three times a day to try and catch him in-between all these meetings he has. I have left phone messages in his mailbox asking him if he is busy could he recommend anyone I could hire to help with my situation, but no calls, no response, only one time have I spoken to him and received a response from my emails. I have time sensitive film and television projects that I have had to redo because I started them with gigastudio and have had to redo them with other software. I would just like to resolve my problem, then I would go away from TASCAM, and not be a problem anymore. I will always prepare a back-up in case I have to use my gigastudio in the future.

Thank you Jeff for your response.

Dear Byrdman,

Thank you, you nailed it. I reduced the latency on my Delta 1010 to 8 ms from 20ms. So I went in to the Delta and returned it to 20ms and it solved the problem. So I figured out that the lowest I could go with gigastudio is 12ms on my system and now I am back in business. Thanks for taking the time to help! You have saved me a lot of money, and maybe not so nervous about using gigastudio in the future.

Originally posted by ScoreL.A.:

Jeff? where's Allen?

Score, please email me with some contact info for you. I am going to have our Giga product manager work with you directly. Thanks for the report...I'm going to assume that your case is an exception to the rule since I would have heard at least a few others if the support problems were all taking days on end to resolve.

jklopmeyer@tascam.com

- Jeff

Archived