Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Coming soon to a club near you

Bobro

A prediction:

A giant screen. Two musician/video-game geeks at two terminals, battling it out on stage. The game is projected on the screen. A Karma-like algorithmic system is intricately incorporated into the videogame characters, action and scenes, triggering samples and synths in an ever-changing interactive way over a mutating dance beat. The contestants have headsets so their characters can speak and sing as well.

Youth shell out $27 dollars of their parents' money to get in, pay $11 dollars a glass for watery blue drinks at the bar, and $100 in drugs to reach a state where they can kid themselves that they're not dancing to a polka rhythm while watching a video game.

Some character who thinks that Jethro Tull is hip suffers from a serious misunderstanding of the sartorial code and shows up in pirate boots and a white naugahyde codpiece, smoking a corncob pipe full of weed. He looks suspiciously similar to me and a lot like he's trying to hide the fact that he's enjoying himself immensely, busting out with some air-accordian every once in a while. It's not me I swear! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

-CB

• 5 months later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BassGuy:

Bobro, as soon as the stock market is back up, you should have an IPO. The concept alone could make you rich! :love:

That wouldn't be too tragic, hehe.

What the world really needs though is a well-promoted cool jazz bass clarinet virtuoso!

-CB

Originally posted by burningbusch:

Originally posted by Bobro:

What the world really needs though is a well-promoted cool jazz bass clarinet virtuoso!

-CB

Bennie Maupin

Busch.

Wow, thanks for the tip! I googled him- played with Miles Davis, Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock. Oh great, more CDs to buy... :(

-CB

Archived