Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XP-30 - metronome?

Blue

Hello!!

My second new topic in the same day... I have a question again, but this time it's not for me.

I have a friend who recently purchased a Roland XP-30. Before the xp30, he used to have a Yamaha PSR, where he had some built-in rhythms which he used as a metronome. But now, on the XP-30, he says he is not able to find any metronome or rhythm feature to use as a metronome. He swears he has looked it up on the User Guide without any results, but he also recognizes that he is not very good when it comes to reading this kind of documentation (and, if his spanish xp30 manual is as "faithful" to the english original as my spanish manual for the Triton, then he is *definitely* lost).

So I thought that maybe some of you has an XP 30 and can answer that question: does the xp30 has some metronome or some trick to use "something" as a metronome? Please provide step by step explanations if possible.

Thanks in advance.

------------------

= blue =

= blue =

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Blue:

Hello!!

My second new topic in the same day... I have a question again, but this time it's not for me.

I have a friend who recently purchased a Roland XP-30. Before the xp30, he used to have a Yamaha PSR, where he had some built-in rhythms which he used as a metronome. But now, on the XP-30, he says he is not able to find any metronome or rhythm feature to use as a metronome. He swears he has looked it up on the User Guide without any results, but he also recognizes that he is not very good when it comes to reading this kind of documentation (and, if his spanish xp30 manual is as "faithful" to the english original as my spanish manual for the Triton, then he is *definitely* lost).

So I thought that maybe some of you has an XP 30 and can answer that question: does the xp30 has some metronome or some trick to use "something" as a metronome? Please provide step by step explanations if possible.

Thanks in advance.

No metronome built-in on the XP-30. The work around would be to punch up a drum kit on Midi Channel 10 (that is the midi channel where Roland set the drum kits to get recieve msgs) and trigger the "roland r-8 metronome sound" midi note (i think it is E4 or F4) from a sequencer drum track.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/cool.gif

This message has been edited by MusicWorkz on 10-18-2001 at 02:53 PM

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Thanks for your answer. I don't think my friend likes the idea of having to plug his keyboard to his pc to make a metronome note sound... But at least he'll know for sure that he should not lose more time looking for a feature that doesn't exist.

Thanks Musicworks.

------------------

= blue =

= blue =

Archived