Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

e-bay anonymous ( E A )

Hello, my name is Doctor Frankensteinway and I'm an e-bayoholic.

Crowd: Hello Doctor!

Dr.F: I started out just, you know, looking at instruments and then one day I made a little bid. Somebody outbid me, and I swore that wouldn't happen again.

Then I was a sucessful bidder on a number of instruments . .. and now I can't stop.

I ~ I ~ I need h e l p . .

E.A.Chairman: Group hug, everyone . . .

Doctor, we're glad you have admitted your problem. That is the first step in our

12-Step Program to be E-Bay Free

So I'm now going to turn the floor over to the E.A. members so that they, in turn, may recite the other twelve steps.

Here we go:

Step # 1) Admitting you have an E-Bay addiction . . .

This message has been edited by Doctor Frankensteinway on 10-17-2001 at 01:11 PM

Oh yeah? That's fine for you, you're an accepted member of the entertainment community. What about me? What about Igor? Marginalized by Hollywood yet again. I want my Mummy . . .

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Step # 2 Make sure the other bastard doesn't outbid you...
Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Step 3. Reduce frustation and time on-line by book marking the gear you want and only placing a bid in the last 30 min. of an auction.
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong: James Bryce

Hmmmm. Sounds like SFOracle and joegerardi are still in the denial stage. Maybe it's time for that group hug?

If anyone wanted to sponsor me, I thought we could go out and start drinking until we forget all about e-bay . . .

Step #6a Dealing with the guilt of:

Bride of Frankensteinway: "Honey, the FedEx truck just stopped outside the drawbridge to our castle. Are we expecting anything?"

Dr.F:"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! ~ um, sweety ~ ah ~ happy aniversary! ? !"

B.o.F:: "Our anniversary was last month. And you forgot, Mister."

Dr.F: "Um . . it's for the song I'm working on for you!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

E.A.Chairman:Let that be a lesson to us all. Therefore, talking about your addiction with a loved one is critical towards your own growth and coping with this affliction.

Oh yeah? That's fine for you, you're an accepted member of the entertainment community. What about me? What about Igor? Marginalized by Hollywood yet again. I want my Mummy . . .

Originally posted by wager47:

#3 is my technique of choice.

how about

step # 5 take up golf. if anything else in your like frustrates you, then you're not a real golfer.

Step 5-1/2: If there's a mint condition Calloway ERC with no reserve, go back to step 3 and buy it.

Archived