Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Unitor8 with Windows XP???

I tried downloading the Windows XP drivers for the Unitor8 (MkII) from the Emagic site - but instead I just got files relating to Win2k, Win9x (whatever that is) and WinNT. The disc that came with the Unitor only contains drivers for Windows other than XP. I'm probably missing the obvious, but could a friendly Unitor/XP user out there point me in the right direction? Thanks, Dan.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a read me file that come with the driver. Saying:" [i]On Windows XP you'll get the following alert: "The software you are installing for this hardware: Emagic Unitor, has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows 2000 ... " [/i] For more info you can read the entire read me file. Hope this help.. CIAO

Hello Thanks for the advice. I'm still a little confused though - should I use the Windows 2000 driver? And if so, should I use the one I downloaded from the emagic site or the one on the disc which came with the Unitor? sorry for being a pain - I'm on a steep audio equipment learning curve! Cheers, Dan.

Just download the indicated drivers with this text: Unitor Family Driver (250 K, ZIP Archive) Support of all MIDI Interfaces of the Unitor Family: Unitor8, AMT8 and MT4 on COM-Port or USB Version 2.2.7; Upload Jan/21/2002 For Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP http://www.emagic.de/english/support/download/toolswin.html ...and you will be fine. I use the AMT8 (same drivers) under XP and they are just fine. -Matt

Archived