Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CONVERTING 600 OHM OUTPUT TO LINE-LEVEL

liche

I just purchased my first synthesizer (Yamaha DX7) and wanted to know how I could go about converting its 600 ohm unbalanced output to a line-level output so I can use my high-powered home receiver as the amplifier. I'm an electrical engineer so I'd rather design and build it rather than buying a specialized converter or something.

Thanks again.

Dan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by liche:

I just purchased my first synthesizer (Yamaha DX7) and wanted to know how I could go about converting its 600 ohm unbalanced output to a line-level output so I can use my high-powered home receiver as the amplifier. I'm an electrical engineer so I'd rather design and build it rather than buying a specialized converter or something.

Thanks again.

Dan

I dont see why you cant just plug the two unbalanced units together. Go to radio shack and get the appropriate connector and play away. The home receiver should have a 10 KOHM input impedance. Just turn the volume level on the DX7 down, turn the volume on the stereo to about mid level. And then turn up the DX7 until it sounds good. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Archived