Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CLAVINET SAMPLES: WHAT'S BEST?

robroth1msn.com

Hi! What's your favorite keyboard or sample for reproducing that famed funky sound? I'm in a funky blues band and find myself needing something better than what I get out of my Alesis QX7 or Kurzweil K2000. Buying a real Clavinet is out of the question,besides I played thru the '70's and find most of the real clav's are at least partially funked to death. Got A favorite? Let me know.Thanks!

Rob

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second my namesake on the Motif... the sounds are warmer and seem to have more "meat" than the ones in my S-80, which are certainly good in a live situation.

Don't forget that the K-2000 can load and play back samples. If you can find some 30-pin SIMMs (check computer repair shops that service older Macs) and beef up the sample RAM to 32 or 64 MB, it's well worth it. Plenty of high-megabyte vintage keyboard samples on the market.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

i have both a clavinet D6 and a clavinet C and have used both live and in the studio for years. if i can't take the real thing the best clavinet sound BY FAR is the 32meg sample on the roland "keys of the 60s and 70s" cd. be aware that these sounds are FAR superior to the 60s & 70s expansion card for the jv series.

but theres nothing like the real thing........

Do you have the Contemporary ROM expansion in your K2000? That has a great clav!

There are also some CD-ROMs for your K2000 that have great clav samples. Off the top of my head...

Sounds of the 70s

Real Rhodes (also has clavs and wurli's)

Don't forget the Kurzweil website either....

------------------

Mike Martin

Kurzweil Music Systems

http://www.kurzweilconneciton.com

KeySolutions Sample Libraries

http://members.aol.com/keysolutns

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived