Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The phatom is going to hit soon .....price ?

Dan O

Hello to all,

XP60/80 prices are falling and the "Phathom" from Roland will be released very soon . I was under the impression that the keyboard would be more than $2000.00 . Now it looks like the price will be under $2000.00 . I guess we'll have to wait and see . The Phatom is only available with 76 keys . Motif 7 ( 76keys/$2199.99) , Triton pro ( 76 keys/$2799.99 ) vs . Phathom under $2000.00 maybe $1800.00 . It could be a good value ! Is there a suggested list price yet ? dano

This message has been edited by dano on 09-30-2001 at 10:39 PM

This message has been edited by dano on 09-30-2001 at 10:40 PM

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if the Phantom is the first synth with amp modeling available as an effect but I applaud Roland for including it on the Phantom. Running a synth through a tube amp simulation is my favorite effect short of miking a real amp. I own a Sansamp PSA-1, Bass Pod, and a J-station and they get used on keyboards and drum machines almost as much as on guitars.

Originally posted by SteveRB:

Running a synth through a tube amp simulation is my favorite effect short of miking a real amp. I own a Sansamp PSA-1, Bass Pod, and a J-station and they get used on keyboards and drum machines almost as much as on guitars.

Me, too - I have a Pod , and I run all kinds of stuff through it. I think that it's a great addition to pretty much any studio.

I leave the lo output of the MiniMoog plugged into it, and mix the Pod's stereo output signal in with the Mini's dry hi output. Big fun.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Question - How do run a line level output into the POD? Do you need a DI box to convert it to a high impedance signal? Thx

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived