Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OB3 organ module

IanD

Is the Oberheim Ob3 any good?

I have the chance of getting one in a complicated deal , that is not going to cost me very much at all.

My current rig is a Korg MS2000, a Korg i3 (based on a x3) and a DX11, so will it compliment what I have?

Ian

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it the original OB-3 or the OB-3 "Squared"? The latter version sounded a lot better. Even if it's the original, it should add some Hammond authenticity you certainly couldn't get from your current rig. The new Korg CX-3 is arguably the best hardware VB, but it'll set ya back a coupla grand. As a much better alternative to the Obie I'd consider a Voce V5 / Spin II combo.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by SteveFortner:

Is it the original OB-3 or the OB-3 "Squared"? The latter version sounded a lot better. Even if it's the original, it should add some Hammond authenticity you certainly couldn't get from your current rig. The new Korg CX-3 is arguably the best hardware VB, but it'll set ya back a coupla grand. As a much better alternative to the Obie I'd consider a Voce V5 / Spin II combo.

Its a OB3-Squared, and at £299 it cheaper than the Voce V5 and spin.

I think I am going to go for it http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I can't wait to play with the drawbars, the last time i played with drawbars was my granddads Hammond L100 in the 70's, i was only a kid how I wish I had appreciated that sound then. I used to think it sounded old fashioned!

Ian

http://www.hypertracker.com/go/iandixon/KC1/

Archived