Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I bought a CD ! Tower of Power !

Dan O

Ever since I saw Tower of Power at Winter NAMM show I have been meaning to buy a CD . I was at the MAll tonight and Yes !!!! I did it . What is hip ? WHo has played keyboards for this band ? dano

Db.....forum CD is next .

This message has been edited by dano on 09-21-2001 at 08:29 PM

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has played keyboards for this band ?

Chester Thompson, currently Santana's keyboard player, is the keyboard god of TOP. He's one of the best B3 players around, IMO.

Db.....forum CD is next .

Move fast. 8 left, and only one week to get your order in.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Marvster:

No argument that Chester is awesome, but I think Roger Smith is actually the current keys guy. Isn't he?

Yeah, but he was asking who has played for them. He mentioned What is Hip - that's the era that I thought that his record was from - that's why I answered Chester..

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Yeah, but he was asking who has played for them. He mentioned What is Hip - that's the era that I thought that his record was from - that's why I answered Chester..

Ah ... my bad. Nick Milo also plays keys on some of the cuts from What Is Hip?

Marv

This message has been edited by Marvster on 09-22-2001 at 02:29 AM

Is anyone else here amused when someone asks you to "kick bass", meaning for you to play left-hand bass? I know the meaning of the phrase has changed today, but I'd think anyone old enough to remember bass pedals would get a kick out of this. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif (pun intended!)

My favorite is when someone asks me to "kick left hand bass". I always feel like asking them what do they want me to do, kick it or play it with my left hand! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Peace all,

Steve

This message has been edited by SWBuck1074@aol.com on 09-22-2001 at 09:55 PM

><>

Steve

I've heard it used to be commonplace for players (especially Vegas types) to kick bass, comp with one hand, and play something like trumpet with the other. Supposedly, Joey D. -- who does play a mean trumpet -- can do this.

As someone who can barely walk and chew gum at the same time this amazes me. Anybody ever seen this version of a one-man band?

Marv

Archived