Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Onstage Amp setup

analogman1

Hello Foax,

Just trying to get opinions on what you are using for your onstage monitoring / amplification setups. I use a Behringer 1604 mixer, feeding the FOH and my Barbetta Sona 32c as a stage monitor. I'm not too happy at the stage volume mix, as it seems to get progressively LOUDER at the end of the nite!

Any thoughts, suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Tom Bitondo

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by analogman1@aol.com:

Hello Foax,

I'm not too happy at the stage volume mix, as it seems to get progressively LOUDER at the end of the nite!

Actually, this probably has to do with setting beers on the amp. As the night goes on, the amp realizes you're more into playing than drinking and starts drinking your beer. Before you know it, you've got a loud, drunken amp on your hands.

Seriously, I have the same problem with my amp/band. I find that keys take up so much of the sonic spectrum, that turning down a little causes everyone to play softer (unless they're drunk, then they don't notice). Of course, you have to have bandmates that actually listen to each other http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by PatAzz:

Actually, this probably has to do with setting beers on the amp. As the night goes on, the amp realizes you're more into playing than drinking and starts drinking your beer. Before you know it, you've got a loud, drunken amp on your hands.

http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/otn/laughing/yelrotflmao.gif

Way too funny, Pat...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by analogman1@aol.com:

...what happens if I switch to non-alcoholic beer??? Do they think I'm playning sequences???

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Tom

ROFLMAO!

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

I play through a pair of Mackie SRM-450 powered monitors, fed by a 1202-VLZ mixer. The mains go to the FOH and the Control Room outs go to my speakers. When I know the house is mono I'll just bring one.

There is never an issue with my getting drowned out nor with breaking up if things get loud (my Roland KC-500 has been relegated to a home practice amp). The downside of the Mackies is they're heavy.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived