Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You are not gonna believe this...

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Tusker:

If you go to my more lengthy post in Craig's forum you will see the following propositions(paraphrased here):

I'd like to stay here. I am a kind of loyal to dB; besides we have a lot of postings to do to beat Mr. Andertons forum! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Thank you Tusker!

------------------

-- Pim --

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pim@dancewave.nl:

I'd like to stay here. I am a kind of loyal to dB; besides we have a lot of postings to do to beat Mr. Andertons forum! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Thank you Tusker!

I was not inviting you to post there. Merely to understand my views more fully (since you challenged them). You could do so by clicking on the link which Dave provided at the top of this page.

It sounds like you understand me, anyway. I hope you do.

Still believing that love can overcome hate and prejudice, http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Jerry Aiyathurai

This message has been edited by Tusker on 09-17-2001 at 11:35 AM

What Falwell and Robertson said was utterly horrible, and an insult to all freedom-loving and tolerant Americans (the vast majority of us, I think). It just goes to show that the hate-mongering those men preach is as much a perversion of, and anathema to, true Christianity as much as bin Laden's fundamentalism is a perversion of true Islam. Statements and beliefs such as theirs is the true sin; two of the "wrong" people being in love (or loving your neighbor, even when he/she is different from you) is not.

Although I am personally an atheist, I find it inspiring that believers of all faiths (Christian, Moslem, and other) have been able to find comfort from these horrible events through their beliefs, and I have been genuinely moved by peoples' prayers. THAT is what religion should be about, NOT spreading hate, fear and ignorance of non- (or other-) believers.

Dave, you normally handle the challenging responsibility of a moderator in an exemplary fashion. It's just not like you to post this kind of inlammatory rubbish. Sure, the suckers rose to your ideological bait, but the ensuing cyber-freakout wasn't worthy of this forum, IMHO. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/redface.gif Pax.

Originally posted by Jeep:

It's just not like you to post this kind of inlammatory rubbish.

It wasn't meant inflammatorily, Jeep.

Like I said above, I just went a bit human, that's all. Honestly, the fact that two men in what I perceive to be pretty serious positions of power and influence would actually say something like this in public horrified me.

I really wasn't trying to bait anyone. I sincerely just needed to hear that others were as put off by this as I was. I'm sorry if this made you feel bad.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

First of all, I believe that the enslavement of the Hebrews and the subsequent wrath of God in retaliation for same to which you refer is in Exodus, not Genesis.

Secondly, if you read Exodus 12:29, it says:

"At midnight, the Lord struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharoah, who sat on the throne to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of the livestock as well. Pharoah, and all of his officials and all of the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt for there was not a house without someone dead"

You'll also note that God warned the Hebrews (in Exodus 12:3-12:13) exactly what steps to take so they would not suffer his wrath. I'd say that was some pretty discriminate targeting.

Perhaps you're referring to a different part of the bible?

dB

My face is red, I stand corrected on the Books. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Archived