Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The New WTC

Steve LeBlanc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This brings up a good point. As I mentioned in another thread, I live in a building that was bombed by Allied planes in WWII- and rebuilt of course. It would be great to see artists projections for a new WTC and monument being published NOW, as a sign of hope and belief in the future as well as defiance.

Those who build wage the long-term war against terrorism.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

This brings up a good point. As I mentioned in another thread, I live in a building that was bombed by Allied planes in WWII- and rebuilt of course. It would be great to see artists projections for a new WTC and monument being published NOW, as a sign of hope and belief in the future as well as defiance.

Those who build wage the long-term war against terrorism.

-CB

I would actually argue that publicly discussing the new building now would be like discussing a new father or mother to orphans 3 days after their real father or mother has died. Also, all a lot of bereaved families would see with pictures like that so early on is a big building sitting on the remains of their loved ones.

Just my opinion

------------------

www.mp3.com/thirdstoreystory

Originally posted by nursers:

I would actually argue that publicly discussing the new building now would be like discussing a new father or mother to orphans 3 days after their real father or mother has died. Also, all a lot of bereaved families would see with pictures like that so early on is a big building sitting on the remains of their loved ones.

Just my opinion

Obviously those who were there are the ones to say, as in the case of whether the AES should be held in NY, etc. People have different reactions to death, some would surely percieve a new building as you say, others first and foremost as a monument to those lost.

I'm very glad you expressed your viewpoint, thank you. I hope everything about this tragedy will be openly discussed.

-CB

Originally posted by Jonathan Hughes:

just in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's a hand giving the finger.

Obviously- we were also talking about the very real question of rebuilding.

As I'm typing this, I'm on MSN messanger chatting with my sister's family in NY. My niece's friends lost family in the attack- and are back at school, collecting money for the rescue and relief. Businesses are giving, and giving generously, and the three New York City airports re-opened today- a toast to the indomitable spirit!

-CB

Archived