Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone got a AMD-motherboard & Audiophile working?

d-kay

WEll, considering buying a more professional soundcard, and this midiman audiophile seem to fit my preferences exactly. The only problem is that I heard a lot of compatability-problems with it and AMD-motherboards.

So I want to hear about people who actually has this combination, and got it working. So I know I can throw away my old board and buy a new one and it's 100% chance of getting it to work. AMD is the only option here though, pentium is way too expensive.

/d-kay

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by d-kay:

So I want to hear about people who actually has this combination, and got it working. So I know I can throw away my old board and buy a new one and it's 100% chance of getting it to work. AMD is the only option here though, pentium is way too expensive.

/d-kay

Hi d-kay

My studio's computer is a venerable AMD K6 2 running @ 300 Mhz.

I have never had any problems with it running whatever software I have. I have NOT that card you mention, though so I can't tell ... but I guess it will run Ok. Hey, it works with no problem with Lailas, Sound Blaster and other !

Of course, I wish I had a Pentium IV @ 1.5 GHz but that's just for speed...

This message has been edited by GusTraX on 09-10-2001 at 12:19 PM

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I have a 1 GHz T-Bird in my machine right now, and it works fine. The only audio related apps I'm running now are Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video and Acid, and the Native Instrument softsynth I downloaded from Keyboard's website. I've had no problems with any of them.

If you're concerned, by all means give the vendor a call. The CSRs typically have a list of frequent complaints.

I have this setup working. I have an Audiophile with a Gigabyte GA7DXR motherboard and an Athlon 800mHz processor. This motherboard has an AMD chipset!!

NOTE: I previously had an Abit KT7. I NEVER got this motherboard to work with this soundcard properly. This motherboard had VIA chipset.

------------------

Mike Martin

Kurzweil Music Systems

http://www.kurzweilconneciton.com

KeySolutions Sample Libraries

http://members.aol.com/keysolutns

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Mike Martin:

I have this setup working. I have an Audiophile with a Gigabyte GA7DXR motherboard and an Athlon 800mHz processor. This motherboard has an AMD chipset!!

NOTE: I previously had an Abit KT7. I NEVER got this motherboard to work with this soundcard properly. This motherboard had VIA chipset.

Yeah, I've hear some nasty stories about the Abit KT7. Especially the RAID-version. Did you try out the latest Via 4in1 drivers? and turn off the USB-support(in device-manager), and use a more gentle graphiccard like the Matrox 400 instead of Geforce?.

/d-kay

Believe me I tried everything including disabling USB and alternate video cards. I got it running pretty well, but could never eliminate the clicks and pops 100% of the time. It doesn't matter now because I'm no longer using that motherboard and all is working fine.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I have an Audiophile 24/96 and Soundbastard Platnum (for soundfonts), being used in Cubase. AMD Athlon 1.0 Ghz 266 Mhz FSB on an 'EPOX' 8K7A motherboard with DDR memory. Everything works fine.

I switched to this motherboard from the typical dual VIA chipset motherboards because I was tired of all of their various problems. The EPOX setup has the 'AMD-761' northbridge. I paid more for this board than you probably will for most of the dual VIA setups, but so far it seems to be MORE that worth it.

Don't go cheap when it comes to the Motherboard. You might end up paying out the @$$ for it later, in wasted time trying to track down hardware related problems and troublshooting all kinds of cr@p.

Archived