Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha PSR740 - A better model?

LiveMusic

I bought a 740 six months ago. A friend, who played professionally years ago, just flipped over it. He has a couple of older model keyboards and was impressed with the 740 features and its piano voice. He wants to buy one and I was just wondering if there is any better model from Yamaha that is the same price. In other words, if they have come out with an updated model. I paid $900 for mine, although, in stores, they were going for $1,100. Thanks.

------------------

Duke

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by LiveMusic:

I bought a 740 six months ago. A friend, who played professionally years ago, just flipped over it. He has a couple of older model keyboards and was impressed with the 740 features and its piano voice. He wants to buy one and I was just wondering if there is any better model from Yamaha that is the same price. In other words, if they have come out with an updated model. I paid $900 for mine, although, in stores, they were going for $1,100. Thanks.

I understand Yamaha's coming out with the new PSR2000 sometime this month. It is suppose to be the replacement model for the 740 with more voices, greater sound qualities,and added features. I also hear the price is comparable to that of the 740 as well.

DaveM

Yes,

Yamaha is coming out with a PSR2000 .Yamaha hs incorporated a larger LCD with the PSR20000. It will sell for around $1100.00 . I did play this keyboard at Summer NAMM show . I do like the PSR740 however . PSR200 should hit later this month ! Dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Archived