Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

XP30 and Multiple MIDI tracks

Sourcefor

Can anyone tell me how I can Playback Multiple MIDI tracks with my ROland XP30 using thre Protools MIDI. As it stands now, I pretty much record 1 MIDI track at a time and go right to audio. I would like to be able to audition 2 or more sounds together before committing to audio. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sourcefor:

Can anyone tell me how I can Playback Multiple MIDI tracks with my ROland XP30 using thre Protools MIDI. As it stands now, I pretty much record 1 MIDI track at a time and go right to audio. I would like to be able to audition 2 or more sounds together before committing to audio. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you have the XP-30 in Perfomance (not patch) mode. The XP is 16 part multi-timbral and even the most basic midi sequncer can play back sixteen midi tracks. Unfortunately, since there is only a L/R output pair, you can only record one sound (or two, if they are mono patches and you pan them hard left and right) at a time when you are dumping them to audio.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived