Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Top 15 Jewish C&W Songs

I Was One Of The Chosen People ('Til She Chose Somebody Else) Honky Tonk Nights On The Golan Heights I've Got My Foot On The Glass, Where Are You? My Rowdy Friend Elijah's Comin' Over Tonight New Bottle Of Whiskey, Same Old Testament Stand by Your Mensch Eighteen Wheels And A Dozen Latkes I Balanced Your Books, But You're Breakin' My Heart My Darlin's A Schmendrick And I'm All Verklempt That Shiksa Done Made Off With My Heart Like A Goniff The Second Time She Said "Shalom", I Knew She Meant "Goodbye" You're the Lox My Bagel's Been Missin' You've Been Talkin' Hebrew In Your Sleep Since That Rabbi Came To Town Why Don't We Get Drunk? We're Jews! Mamas Don't Let Their Ungrateful Sons Grow Up to Be Cowboys (When You Could Very Easily Have Taken Over The Family Hardware Business That My Own Father Broke His Back To Start And Your Father Sweated Over For Forty Five Years Which Apparently Doesn't Mean Anything To You Now That You're Turning Your Back On Such A Gift To Ride Around All Day On Some Meshuggenah Horse)

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Ray was only 1/2 Jewish. Wait, that's like being a little pregnant ain't it? :eek: Either you are or you aren't. :D It's not like being a Captist. That's half Catholic & half Baptist. Now THAT would be a tough upbringing...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

To All The Girls I've Schlupped Before How Come My Meshuggenah Dog Don't Bark No More, When Rabbi Katzheim Comes Around? Here's A Quarter!(Why don't you call collect, you putz!) I Got Friends in the Jewelry Exchange, Who Could Get It For You Wholesale! Rhinestone Cowboy(And Believe ME, I can tell real from Phony-Balony!) Whitefangbaum
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

As the self - proclaimed Rabbi of this forum, I am going to have to circumcise all current members of the forum for this grave mocking of the religion. Who's first? . . . . Hey WeWus - get over here - you go first...... But seriously, I had a good laugh at this stuff, but interestingly enough, there are actually real jewish C&W songs out there. There is a whole "Jewish Pop" market which does include all of todays current styles. (By the way - I AM an ordained Rabbi)

[quote]Originally posted by Christopher Kemp: [b]Hey - how could you leave out Kinky Friedman's "they ain't making Jews Like Jesus Anymore"?!? :freak: [/b][/quote]EXCELLENT....just fixing to post that till I saw yours....how bout "Asshole from El Paso"? :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Yep, you can't leave Kinky Friedman out of this discussion...too much great stuff there. I didn't know Ray Benson was Jewish. He's one of my all time faves. I've seen Asleep at the Wheel live a couple of times...and Ray's sense of humor is great.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Johnny Cash isn't Jewish? Hmmm... I always thought he was for some reason. Maybe it's just his name. Wocka wocka.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Whitefang & DanSouth, Great additions. That stuff I posted was robbed, as usual, from someone else but it hit me on the funny bone. I swear, MY mother, though a devout Catholic, is [b]the[/b] Jewish Mother incarnate.

Our Joint

[quote]Originally posted by Multiple Personality Milt: [b]I swear, MY mother, though a devout Catholic, is [b]the[/b] Jewish Mother incarnate.[/b][/quote]If you ask me, MOST Mothers are "Jewish Mothers". Whitefanglemeyer
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

[quote]Originally posted by Christopher Kemp: [b]Hey - how could you leave out Kinky Friedman's "they ain't making Jews Like Jesus Anymore"?!? :freak: [/b][/quote]They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore. That's what that redneck said, as he hit the hardwood floor. They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Hey, my last name is Hoffman. Sharing a name like that with guys like Abbie and Dustin, I oughta be at least honorarily Jewish. And to top it off...one of my sons wants to go to law school...and the other is talking about med school. OY!!!
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived