Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with CEP 2

A friend has just bought CEP 2 (I know, I know ...) Anyway, she can't get the damn thing to record without monitoring unless she goes into the Windoze mixer and mutes the output every time. Does CEP have any options to prevent audio going through the soundcard and straight back out again? can't find anything in preferences or in help to stop this.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CEP 2 is still my favorite audio editor. A full-duplex sound card is required to record while in the multitrack environment. In this environment, the presence of multiple tracks (even if they are empty) requires that Cool Edit Pro "open" both an Input and an Output when recording. If you have only a single sound card which does not support full-duplex capability, you'll need to switch to Edit View to record, then place your waveforms into Multitrack View afterwards. Multiple sound cards (full-duplex or not) solve this problem as well, since there will be separate Inputs and Outputs available to Cool Edit Pro. You'll need to assign the Input to the track you wish to record into in this case.

GY

[quote]Originally posted by PinheadWewus: [b]There is no way to adjust input and output in the software, you have to use the sound card's mixer or the Window's mixer. You got a problem with that?[/b][/quote]Yeah, I have a big fucking problem with that :p :) :D Nuendo lets you turn monitoring on or off separately from record. Kind of how I would expect a pro app to work ;) Cheers for the help GY, either she'll have to live with it or buy a desk with an aux or two which she can use to send level to CEP 2.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Archived