Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Audio to MIDI software?

nicedude

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know any software that will do

a reasonable job converting an instrument solo

(pitch bends etc) into a MIDI file?

I know about autoscore but I am not satisfied

with the quality.

Any help?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try Studio Vision Pro from Opcode.com. Not only will it convert Pitch to MIDI, but you can change the MIDI events in the edit window then apply these changes to the original pitch signal. It also has a score editing mode so that you can print out sheet music. Great bargain for a full-featured sequencer, even though the support may be iffy.

Autoscore and Digital Ear are the only programs that do pitch to midi as their main function. There's also a new piece of software coming out called Melodyne that does pitch to midi but mainly does pitch correction and is likely to be quite expensive.

But most digital audio/sequencers also tdo pitch to midi, including Logic and Cubase and I think Digital Performer too. I'm not sure, but some of their cheaper versions may have this feature as well (i.e. MicroLogic and Cubasis). If you go to their respecitve websites you can check out the comparison charts to see if they do it or not. Chances are, you're better off going with StudioVision since it's so cheap for a full fledged version.

Thanks everybody!

From a little research I did Digital Ear seems quite impressive.

However their demo version is too short (just a couple of seconds.)

It would be useful, if anyone has any experience with similar

software to post it here.

Cheers.

Archived