Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kudo's to Stanley Clarke

Stanley, had a fund raiser last night at MI. The joint cooked... The talent list, would run off the page, He is a great human being and the scholarships, are at the core of it all. Sinbad did the emcee, but Stanley ran the show, His keyboardist, Nick Smith (Using a D50 and K 2000 both with Zaolla leads :love: )were great together, and Stuart Copland, as well as several other luminaries were on hand, Sheila E (Hottie), Karen on violin, and Flea doing a technically masterful job in a duet with Mr. C. WOW, guitarists, horn players, jazz and rock, and soo way cool, the bass jam, around 15 session giants, all hooked up doing solo one after the other, Marcus Miller, Flea, and even Waymon Tisdalel. There was a guest drop in, by Stevie, and he did sound so good, singing and ending up on Giant Steps with Stanley... Definitly a night to remember, oh and I copped a theme score, for the last complete tune, What's Luv...but Nick said it was cool... Great evening, and thanks to John levy and Nick Smith, for the hook up.... Rob

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've often heard Clarke's class is only exceeded by his musicianship. This proves it! And after reading(and adding to) all that crap about the piss-poor characters of Chuck Berry and Joni Mitchell in other threads, THIS thread is two lungfulls of clean air! Whitefang
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

When he and Chick lived on Long Island I used to catch their gigs all the time. Chatted with him a few times - seemed to be a really nice guy. Since they moved out west neither one of them seems to make it back east very often. Awesome musician. I miss his shows.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

He's doing film work, and occassional gigs.. Nick Smith, keeps me in the loop on when they go out on the road... Latrell BTW, has the R & B chops down....I was impressed... Cool enough, MI made a video shoot but I'm not sure where that's ending up... RM

[quote]Originally posted by RM: [b]Latrell BTW, has the R & B chops down....I was impressed...[/b][/quote]Right on. Fun and joke aside, that improves my impression of the guy. Living in the SF East Bay, I was one of the disappointed when the whole Golden State Warriors trip with Don Nelson went down. That was weird. But, now that I know he's a musician, well, all is forgiven! ~~~ Correction: RM PM'ed me and informed me that it was not Latrell Sprewell he saw playing bass with Stanley Clark. It was actually Wayman Tisdale, another NBA player. An understandable mistake.

Archived