Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wow! And it was Free!!!

Two more reasons to love where I live. I just came back from a noontime concert by DEVO! It was in front of City Hall, office of Da Mayor. Free, put on by a car company. Yesterday they had 311 downtown. Devo rocked. They did songs from the first two albums, paid homage to the Mabuhay Gardens (SF's long defunct version of CBGB's) and wore their flowerpot hats. Hmmmm, I did say two reasons... Let's go Gi-ants! Stomp...stomp...stomp stomp stomp!
-David R.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAMNIT DAMNIT I wanna be back in America! I loved that sorta thing, free shows in parks etc. Doesnt happen over here. Well actually it does, but its extremely rare and usually ticketed despite bring free. None of the fantastic 'just show up' stuff. Your country rocks - its laws suck! John Scotsman

[quote]Originally posted by Wolfman Tedster: [b]I love living in Kansas City, because...uh...hmmm...yeah, because, er, well, uh... No, seriously, GREAT BARBECUE!!![/b][/quote]Tedster you are so understated. KC BBQ is the mother of all BBQ's. Its the greatest BBQ on the planet - probably in the entire nebula. On the other hand, what am i doing here in Rocheter? I mean there is no ocean here.-And its not like we get real NYC bagels or pizza. However, Rochester is known to be a "good place to raise kids". --- uggh

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

What are you talking about saying that Kansas City has the best BBQ? Dude, you need to come to Memphis, the home of BBQ. Anyone and everyone knows that we have the best BBQ, you should too. Sometime come down the in May for the Memphis in May BBQ contest. They honor a different run down country every year, and they usually participate in stuff sometimes. Come down and check out the Beale St. Music Festival...the first one hosted Stevie Ray Vaughn and someone else, now it's 3 days and over 40 bands, but I have to say the line up in the past few years has kinda sucked (what was Hootie and the BJ's doing here?). Check it out anyway. You can find it somewhere on the web, dunno where. We also have a MS River Canoe and Kayak race that's fun as hell.

[quote]Originally posted by thisDeadDude: [b]Yes, this seems to be a trend. I just saw Stone Temple Pilots play a free set on campus a couple of weeks ago. I think Nissan sponsored it. I'll walk past a few cars to see a free show, good times...[/b][/quote]Yeah, Nissan sponsored No Doubt in a noontime concert in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, Nashville, last week.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived