Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thoughts on Behringer

Geenard - others have brought up similar examples (all the Strat and Les Paul clones out there, for instance) - but it doesn't hold water. The original Fender amps and Fender/Gibson guitars were not copied until their patents expired. Behringer is guilty of copyright and patent infringement - Marshall was guilty only of treading a well-worn path.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Griffinator: ...but it doesn't hold water. [b]The original Fender amps and Fender/Gibson guitars were not copied until their patents expired...[/b][/quote]Well... not exactly! But Gibson, for one, successfully sued manufacturers of patent infringing companies. I don't know of any similiar Fender examples... Oh! One moment! Leo Fender was sued by Fender when the ASAT was introduced as the Broadcaster. If I remember correctly, Leo lost and created the ASAT moniker for his Tele-style instruments.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

<> Well, I wrote up a cable tester for Guitar Player magazine many years that tested for intermittent conductors (used a one shot as a pulse extender so that even the slightest interruption caused the LED to trigger for a significant period of time). Hmmm, maybe *I* was ripped off!

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]<> Well, I wrote up a cable tester for Guitar Player magazine many years that tested for intermittent conductors (used a one shot as a pulse extender so that even the slightest interruption caused the LED to trigger for a significant period of time). Hmmm, maybe *I* was ripped off![/b][/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeow, those pictures sure don't look very good for Behringer. :( It sure seemed like, at least from a casual observer's perspective, that they were trying to turn it around. We had a similar discussion on rec.audio.pro a few years back, and invited them to give their perspective on what was happening, but they never once commented. People even emailed them about the discussion at hand, but they never responded at all. I hope they do here. I sure would like to hear their side of the story.

[quote]Originally posted by Griffinator: [b]Don't hold your breath, Ken. I went so far as to lead an e-mail campaign directly protesting to Behringer about these business practices. The best response they could muster was a thinly veiled threat to sue everyone who e-mailed them.[/b][/quote]Oh, that's even better! No, we weren't holding our breaths last time, either. Thanks!!!

Archived