Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XP60

Slowly

I`m getting a XP 60 soon. but I really don`t know anything about that kind of board. If any one can help me with these questions, Thanks. When you sample, can I just sample in a B3 note and then it will play like a B3? When I get the drums plug-in board, can I just hit a button and get a drum loop playing, or will I have to program the sounds? Does anybody know a web site that can help me with this also?

"Let It Be!"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m getting a XP 60 soon. but I really don`t know anything about that kind of board.

So, why are you getting it? Is someone giving it to you?

When you sample, can I just sample in a B3 note and then it will play like a B3?

First of all, I don't believe that the XP60 is capable of sampling; and secondly, if it were, you need to sample every few notes. There's a very good thread on the subject called Excellent Long Samples of Basic Instruments elsewhere on this forum...it may shed some light on the subject, as would a trip to the music store, if there's one near you.

When I get the drums plug-in board, can I just hit a button and get a drum loop playing, or will I have to program the sounds?

The XP60 does have the ability to play sequences and patterns, but you will probably want to program your own sequences and patterns.

Does anybody know a web site that can help me with this also?

As I mentioned above, a trip to the music store and a hands-on demo might be a bit more what you need.

Hope that helps,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I`m getting a XP 60 soon. but I really don`t know anything about that kind of board.

So, why are you getting it? Is someone giving it to you?

When you sample, can I just sample in a B3 note and then it will play like a B3?

First of all, I don't believe that the XP60 is capable of sampling; and secondly, if it were, you need to sample every few notes. There's a very good thread on the subject called Excellent Long Samples of Basic Instruments elsewhere on this forum...it may shed some light on the subject, as would a trip to the music store, if there's one near you.

When I get the drums plug-in board, can I just hit a button and get a drum loop playing, or will I have to program the sounds?

The XP60 does have the ability to play sequences and patterns, but you will probably want to program your own sequences and patterns.

Does anybody know a web site that can help me with this also?

As I mentioned above, a trip to the music store and a hands-on demo might be a bit more what you need.

Hope that helps,

dB

"Let It Be!"

Archived