Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Standless

Yomma Haw

Ok -- strange question, but here goes. I have a new

yamaha P80, which is working out great, but the stand has

been on back order for about a month. The keyboard is currently

on the kitchen table with about an octave on each side hanging

off the table -- assuming I don't knock it off the table,

is this fine for a while? any horror stories? thanks --

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming you don't knock it off the table it should be fine there......... however, I would suggest going to Guitar Center or some local music store and picking up a cheap X-stand...... you can usually find one for about $20. That way you can put it somewhere out of the way where no one will bump into it.... or spill food on it.... or whatever.

------------------

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Know what? I had the sam back order problem, only it was vice versa - stand was there, but (funy as it is) Yamaha CS2X was late. Only advice I could give you is same as KeyboardFreak gave you, but maybe I could offer some alternative: Use the Iron Board as a stand.
Fat But Fast

Ah the Ironing Board, I did quite a few gigs in the late 80s using one of those for a stand. The audience thought it was a gimmick, I really just didn't have the money back then to buy a proper stand. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Heh...

I used to do this one R&B gig where I took a K1000, and grabbed two bar stools because I really thought it was kinda cool looking...it backfired on me once or twice when they weren't available for one reason or another...

I haven't thought about that for years...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I'd be after the dealer to do something quickly. Personally , I would be tired of eating chops by now. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Seriously, can't you just cancel the back order and pick up another stand?

If you dont plan on stacking another board quik-lock makes a nice stand that looks like a T when folded but the 4 legs fold out from the middle and supports the entire keyboard. Really stable too. I have one for my QS8 and like it a lot. JW

I'd hesitate before getting the el-cheapo Guitar Center $20 special. I use one to support a Roland JV1080 (a module already) and it does the job, but just barely. It's not unstable, just a bit flimsy and , well, cheap. The S80 is big, needs an industrial strength stand. Go with the QuikLok.

Archived