Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to clean the Roland keyboard glue-up

Leon Pors

Both my Roland D50 and D70 are experiencing problems with our tropical temperatures. The resin Roland used to glue the weights under the keys drips out and glues up everything. Does someone know how to clean this stuff of the keys without destroying them, or where I might get replacements (without this horrible resin)?

Greetings from Curacao.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having the same problem with my Roland keyboards here in Los Cabos. How do we repair this problem ourselves in the 3rd world. Should I clean all glue and remove the weights? The weights fall loose blocking use of white keys and the glue prevents me from using black keys. I pull the weights off the white keys due to easy access and the persistent "dropped weight" problem.

What do we use to remove the glue?

Dano

Originally posted by Leon Pors:

Both my Roland D50 and D70 are experiencing problems with our tropical temperatures. The resin Roland used to glue the weights under the keys drips out and glues up everything. Does someone know how to clean this stuff of the keys without destroying them, or where I might get replacements (without this horrible resin)?

Greetings from Curacao.

Down in Cabo. doin' the Cabo Wabo

Archived