Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Would you.......?

Tune Smith

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to know the same thing, but would like the add the Unity DS-1, too. Actually, ANY soft samplers. I'm wondering if you can do stable, professional 24 bit digital audio and MIDI on the same computer. If you get pretty maxed-out with the computer (let's say 1Gb RAM and maybe a dual CPU), will that work as well as separate computers?

Check out www.nemesysmusic.com and research their site---especially some of the 'players' that are using GigaStudio 160. Some have actually went totally computer based. Also check out www.soundsonline.com and listen to the demos of the .gig libraries and other sites as well. There are some really large samples in these libraries. Larger than you would be able to use in some other samplers. Plus from what I understand with the disk based 'wave streaming' there aren't any loop points in the .gig samples. The samples are loaded via RAM and streamed from the hard disk. The length of the sample using this method according to them is of no consequence. NO LOOP POINTS. (That is if I understood the thing correctly!!!)

Archived