Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is the Kurz SP-76 any good????

I am possibly looking to be getting a cheap stage piano soon to make up for the lack of a piano at some places our band plays.... I need to have a good piano sound for our piano player to go with my XV-88, for the organs and strings and stuff. It doesn't have to be anything fancy... just cheap and HAS to sound good, and if you couldn't guess by the model I'm looking at..... 76-keys is fine.

So here's the deal... does the Kurz sound good??? does it work well, no crashes or anything???? I haven't got around to getting to Guitar Center yet to check it out myself.... and for $500 new, it's looking better and better. Anything better out there around that range??

------------------

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KeyboardFreak:

So here's the deal... does the Kurz sound good??? does it work well, no crashes or anything???? I haven't got around to getting to Guitar Center yet to check it out myself.... and for $500 new, it's looking better and better. Anything better out there around that range??

If you've ever used a Kurzweil Micropiano, that's pretty much what it sounds like. Has the same sound set, same effects, etc.

It would be a good choice if that's all you can afford. You might want to look at a Yamaha P80 - nice weighted 88 keys, pretty low price.

Or for 76-key synths, if you can afford it, get a PC2. Better piano sounds than the SP- family.

Archived