Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Backbutton refresh?

Before it was the slowest backbutton on the net,now everytime I either read/post or reply,as soon as I hit the backbutton the page is where it was hours ago(or the last time I was here) unless I hit refresh.Is the bacbutton syndrome cursed in this bbs?
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In most browsers the back button only displays the last page you looked at. Most times this is stored locally on your computer. This eliminates a call to the web server to send new data. The refresh button makes a new call to the web server to display new data.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

[quote]Originally posted by RobT: [b]In most browsers the back button only displays the last page you looked at. .[/b][/quote]The problem is this site brings back to the last page alright,but the state it was 2 visits back unless I refresh.I'm using IE 5 and have no problem with any other site,just here.This started about 2 weeks ago or so.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

They might have changed the coding for the board, which would explain changes in caching behavior. Another possibility- in your preferences for IE, probably under the title of "cache" or "advanced" there will be a setting to refresh pages with every visit, or once a session, or never. If you set that to "every visit" I think it will force the browser to reload for you. (I use mozilla so I don't know the exact wording) However you will again have the slowest back button in the world.

----------------------------

Phil Mann

http://www.wideblacksky.com

Archived