Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where can I find this???

Remember when sampling first appeared? Korg had a keyboard named the Dss-1. They also manufactured a rackmount version of the Dss-1. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows the name of the rackmount version and (here's the kicker) where I might be able to acquire one of these puppies.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to own a DSS-1 - great toy! AFAIK, it was the first synth/sampler combo with onboard ROM - okay, so it was just a DW8000 with either 4 or 8 seconds of sampling, but it was still kind of ahead of it's time...I'm curious to know what it is about that piece that has you looking for it?

Also, what makes the DSM-1 expanded? More sample time, I hope...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Fractal:

Just saw this on Harmony-Central. Here ya go:

KORG DSM-1 SAMPLER w/ MANY DISKS & MANUAL

Asking Price: US$225

Condition: Good

Description:

Korg DSM-1 sampler w/ many (about 30) disks (including classic DSS1 disks that it can play) and manual. Very flexible "synthesizing sampler"...... in good shape cosmetically & functionally. $225 plus shipping. References available.

Seller: Matt Jasper, 603-755-3864

E-mail: jasp@worldpath.net (Profile)

Distance: 961 miles

Post Date: 1/15/2001

(I don't know this guy, and am not associated with him in any way, just thought I'd pass it along.)

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Archived