Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Ketchup Song...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno man, I tried to listen to it all but couldnt. It was either stop the song or hammer bright pink spikes into my ears. I really don't understand what the song has to do with ketchup but alas I am not cool so I wouldnt :D The video is nice when you mute the sound. (sorry I know I'm a pig.) I just hope this does not spread to much, I couldnt stand another macarena. Iaian

San Andreas,

The hope to save our nation by turning Las Vegas into a seaside community. ;)

[quote]Originally posted by Iaian: [b]I really don't understand what the song has to do with ketchup :D Iaian[/b][/quote]Maybe they all jiggle in their packages??? Good lookin babes but I couldn't understand a word they were saying. :freak:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Y aserejé ! Ja, Dejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... Y aserejé ! Ja, Dejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... Y aserejé ! Ja, Dejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... !!! Those chicks are HOT :thu:

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

MAn, I just got back from Holland, and it's a huge hit there. What a nauseating piece of shit. My god, is there no light at the end of this black whole called the music biz?

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

I didn't think it was [i]that[/i] bad. The first time I heard Macarena, I knew I would never be able to listen to it again. This one, I wouldn't have to run screaming from the room. It's more a Ricky Martin-style tune than anything, with the present electric guitar and a decent arrangement. I actually like the "rapper's delight" thing. :) :D

[quote]Originally posted by Werewolf of Tedster: [b]I always thought THE ketchup song was "Anticipation" by Carly Simon. Anyone here old enough to remember that commercial?[/b][/quote]HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, I remember those commercials! You're right. THAT will always be THE Ketchup Song!!! :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Count dracuBunny: [b]I dunno, either, man. They call themselves Ketchup because their father was known as The Tomato!!?? :freak: Can I borrow your bright pink spikes and your hammer? :D [/b][/quote]Yep, El Tomate is a respected Flamenco musician. Gypsies get funny nicknames, the greatest modern Flamenco singer was called Camarón (Shrimp). Aserejé (the original title of the song) is just tongue in cheek gypsy pop, with an embedded parody of Rappers Delight. It was THE smash hit in Spain last summer, and apparently enough tourists got infected to make it spread to the rest of Europe. I think it is unfair to compare this with Macarena, that was pure commercial hype from the beginning. Los Del Rio are a middleaged mainstream Flamenco trio, the kind that play for the jet set parties in Marbella. At least Las Ketchup are authentic, and have a sense of humour. By the way, I´ll slash my wrists before listening to that song AGAIN. :) Jose.

If my daughter asks for this CD, I'll blow up the CD player. They should call themselves "Rotten Tomatoes?" It's the next worst thing to PUNK, and Bubble Gum Smacking Pop.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

[quote]Originally posted by Gus Lozada: [b]Y aserejé ! Ja, Dejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... Y aserejé ! Ja, Dejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... Y aserejé ! doesDejé Dejebe tu debere seiunoba Majabi andebugui andebuididipi... !!! Those chicks are HOT :thu: [/b][/quote]does anyone know what the hell that means? is that an languge or what? But it is fun! :D
Rebuilding My Self

[quote]Originally posted by John Brown: [b]and I din't know that ketchup was ketchup in spanish also. Crazy.[/b][/quote]Ketchup is nor spanish, we took it from english. Spanish is "Salsa de Tomate". Well i know what the first verse means, but " azereje aja .... etc" I realy dont know!! That is not spanish my friend.
Rebuilding My Self

[quote]Originally posted by Count dracuBunny: [b] [url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/18/the.ketchup.song.ap/]The next Macarena?[/url] [url=http://www.theketchupsong.com/]www.theketchupsong.com[/url] [/b][/quote]I don't think so. Try the next "Livin' La Vida Ketchup" or something. The tune's structure and instrumentation beckons the "memory" of that tune all over again. ;) Sexy but a cheap shot that will make bucks is my take on that video. Now, could ya please pass the jelly? :D

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

I heard the Ketchup song, not enough going on to keep my interest. That usually means it will be a big hit. Now, the girls look ripe for the pickin'; some hot tomatoes there, literally. :) Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

• 1 month later...
We have a couple of really cool Mexican cable channels here that play some pretty damned good music. I was flipping around the other night & settled on one of them. Then, out of the blue. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!! It came on. :freak:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

[quote]Originally posted by The Ghost of Bergers Past: [b]We have a couple of really cool Mexican cable channels here that play some pretty damned good music. I was flipping around the other night & settled on one of them. Then, out of the blue. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!! It came on. :freak: [/b][/quote]Oh those chicks... :love: Was it the bikini video or were they dressed?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Archived