Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

near death experiences

Originally posted by Anderton:

I think luck is a wave phenomenon, and either you're synched to it, or not. Or maybe you're 30 degrees out of phase .

It sounds crazy, but it *is* almost like if you choose to do too many things that are not just outside the "norm", but try to *fight* "fate" it causes problems.

"Lucky people" seem to all share a common trait: impulsiveness. That impulsiveness gets them into trouble, but they get out of it somehow. On the other hand, for any given situation they're likely to go with the first thing that crosses their mind; they seldom double-think themselves.

So, perhaps there is a wave-function to "fate", and you can get out of phase with it if you fool with the "timing" by trying to force an outcome (through careful deliberation). Get in phase with it and perhaps there's a strange attractor to the math involved with social interaction that creates a sympathetic "harmonic" to events; create more turbulence with it and maybe that creates more potentially positive "harmonics".

This would explain a lot; I carefully think about everything through as many iterations as possible, hopefully until a clearly logical solution presents itself. This is probably not "natural" to human nature or the natural flow of "fate". I have missed many situations that would have been "extreamly lucky" in retrospect due to this. Unfortunately, I think deliberately trying to be random or impulsive probably weights the whole thing negatively as well. So I'm doomed. Meanwhile, I know people who run their lives completely recklessly, and not only do they not get themselves killed "Extreamly Fortunate" things come their way regularly.

Which all sounds quite kooky, but then again 10 dimensional string theory has some pretty kooky implications as well. Do I really believe all of that? Not really - but sometimes it seems to make a lot of sense in a practical way.

NON-LINEAR ASIDE:

"Near death experience": curiously, it would seem A LOT of people in my town got massively sunburned this weekend. One guy at work had to go home from work because of it. A student of mine canceled a lesson today because he was sunburned too bad; and a number of others were pretty badly burned.

I find this curiouslt improbable, and I would check the solar flare index to see if there was anything like a CME event happening last weekend, but now I'm thinking "maybe the ozone layer over Augusta is thinning out"???

Pretty funny notion, eh? I'm here to entertain.....

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A general theme in Eastern philosophy is BALANCE. The idea is that

ALL good/positive and bad/negative seek to balance eachother, in every situation. What we see as 'luck' is very real but is only a limited view

of a balancing act that is ongoing in multi dimensions. It is our consious obsession with the 'judgement' of good vs. bad that causes the rubber band

to stretch so far and snap back. Although this idea requires that we humans are far more responsible for our reality than we know, it does make sense to me.

Archived